About PayPal Developer Documentation
We're designing PayPal Developer to better help you implement end-to-end payment solutions. Instead of a series of products, we're introducing a platform experience with PayPal Commerce Platform.
For over 20 years, PayPal has focused on creating powerful tools to drive global commerce. We serve over 300 million consumers and 20 million sellers around the world.
Behind every successful PayPal integration is a developer. We're proud to roll out a new documentation experience based on developer feedback.
We want to help you:
- Accept payments
- Make payments
- Manage risk
- Streamline operations
- Grow your business faster
Our new portal supports you while you:
- Discover the right solutions
- Develop great payment experiences
- Connect with a community of passionate developers
PayPal Commerce Platform can help you run and grow businesses of all sizes:
- Reach over 300 million PayPal customers through a single integration. Manage business funds in one place, no matter where you sell.
- Protect business and customers with built-in buyer and seller protection. Customers around the world will have a secure checkout whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person.
- Manage cash flow with instant access to funds. Grow with our business financing solutions.
Note: Learn more about PayPal Commerce Platform on paypal.com.
To improve PayPal's developer experience, we are upgrading our site to make it easier to integrate our products.
Here’s what you can expect in the coming weeks:
- Unification: In early April, we're starting to move our subsidiaries under the PayPal Inc. developer brand. Our goal is to provide our developers with one unified experience across all products. We'll start by migrating Braintree developer documentation, support articles, and help sections.
- Simplification: Throughout 2021, we’ll be upgrading our entire developer site to a standardized and consistent page layout. These changes will streamline your experience, and help you find clear and accurate directions for integrating our products.
- Navigation: We're improving our onsite developer search experience. We want to provide you with the most current documentation and support articles to answer your questions as fast as possible. We're also upgrading our navigation and the way we structure our information. You can soon select products based on functionality and use case.
This is the first step in evolving our developer experience to meet your needs. We look forward to continuously improving your integration journey with PayPal.
We've updated our integration guides and terminology to make integrating PayPal even better.
Our integration guides have consistent sections to guide you through each integration:
|On this page||Contents of the guide|
|Know before you code||Key information before you begin|
|How it works||Description of the feature|
|Steps||Step-by-step instructions and code to complete the integration. This includes sample requests and responses, code modifications, and step results|
|Next steps||Suggestions for when you complete the integration|
|See also||Related topics|
Some of our terms have changed in our shift to platform-based solutions.
|Previous term||New term|
|Smart Payment Button||Checkout|
|Standard Card Fields||Basic credit and debit card payments|
Designing PayPal Developer is iterative. Select the Feedback tab on our site to tell us what you think.