Important: Adaptive Payments is not available for new integrations. PayPal provides this documentation to support existing integrations.
About Guest Payments
With the introduction of the guest payments feature in Adaptive Payments web flow, users can now complete a payment with a credit card. This capability enables developers to highlight and market credit card acceptance and increase their conversion rate by simply redirecting users to PayPal.com.
With guest payments, developers reap these benefits:
|PCI compliance is not required||Credit card information is collected on PayPal.com so PCI compliance is not required.|
|PayPal security||Guest payments provide PayPal security for your credit card paying customers.|
|Adaptive Payments features||Access to features such as parallel and chained payments.|
|Global acceptance||Guest payments are launched internationally.|
How it works
Developers are not required to perform any re-integration to leverage this new feature. Because the new payment web flow introduces this feature, customers can make guest payments when you redirect them to PayPal.com to complete payments. To pay with a credit card, customers click the slider on the bottom-right side of the screen.
The guest payment feature has these limitations:
- Can only be made to premier or business verified PayPal account.
- Cannot be made to a personal or un-registered PayPal account.
- Cannot be made by using an email that is already registered with PayPal.
- Not available for implicit or pre-approved payments.
- Not available if the API caller passes an email address in the request envelope.