Customize the Pay Later messaging layout on Miva
DocsCurrentLast updated: May 27th 2021, @ 12:27:50 pm
Promote PayPal Pay Later offers using messaging and buttons on your Miva store.
PayPal offers short-term, interest-free payments and other special financing options that buyers can use to buy now and pay later. You get paid up-front, and there are no additional costs.
Pay Later messaging include Pay in 4X, which eligible French buyers can use to pay for purchases of 30€ to 2,000€ in four payments.
Know before you begin
- Before you begin, learn more about Pay Later offers.
- Before you customize Pay Later messaging, install Miva's PayPal Commerce Platform module by completing the Installation section. This initiates the onboarding flow to create or upgrade a PayPal account and grant API permissions to Miva.
- Pay Later messaging is enabled for new merchants. If you're an existing merchant, make sure to enable the messaging.
- You are eligible to promote Pay in 4X if you are a France-based PayPal merchant with a France-facing website and a one-time payment integration. Reference Transaction or Recurring Payment integrations are not eligible, as well as certain merchant categories (such as digital goods or non-physical goods).
Please note that while messaging can be displayed on your website to help promote Pay Later offers to your customers, no additional content, wording, marketing, or other material should be created by you to encourage use of this product. PayPal reserves the right to take action in accordance with the User Agreement.
How it works
These are sample checkout pages with Pay Later messaging and button enabled for webpages and mobile devices.
Pay Later messaging and button on a webpage
Pay Later messaging and button on a mobile device
Customize the messaging layout
Messaging is enabled by default on product and checkout pages. However, you can customize the messaging layout to fit your business needs. You can also choose to enable or disable the messaging banners.
To customize the messaging, complete the following:
- Log in to your Miva admin portal.
- From the left-hand navigation, select User Interface.
Start customizing the messaging layout on the individual pages.
- Select Templates > Items to customize individual pages.
- From the CODE column, find and select paypalcp_credit.
- Select PayPal Commerce Platform.
The Edit Item: paypalcp_credit page opens.
View which pages have the messaging banners enabled. If you're an existing user, make sure to enable these pages.
You can also enable messaging on additional pages or turn them off on existing pages. Selecting one of the pages displays more options to customize the messaging layout.
- Select a page. The Edit Page screen displays.
- Find the PayPal Credit Messaging section. This customizes the layout of Pay Later messaging, which includes PayPal Credit.
- Customize the layout of your messaging.
- (Optional) Navigate back to the Items page and enable messaging on another page.
By default, the following pages are enabled for messaging:
|OCST||Checkout: Customer Information|
|ORDL||Order: Customer Login|
|OSEL||Checkout: Shipping/Payment Selection|
See the Miva 10 documentation page to learn more about PayPal on Miva.