Customize the Pay Later messaging layout on WooCommerce
DocsCurrentLast updated: June 7th 2021, @ 11:35:12 am
Promote PayPal Pay Later offers using messaging on your WooCommerce store.
PayPal offers short-term, interest-free payments and other special financing options that buyers can use to buy now and pay later. You get paid up-front, and there are no additional costs.
Pay Later messaging includes Pay in 3, which UK buyers can use to pay for purchases of £45.00 to £2,000 in three, interest-free payments.
Know before you begin
- Before you begin, learn more about Pay Later offers.
- Pay Later messaging is enabled for new merchants. If you're an existing merchant, enable the messaging.
- UK-based consumers are eligible for Pay Later offers across most of our integrations. As a merchant, you're eligible to promote Pay in 3 if you are a UK-based PayPal merchant with a UK-legal business entity, a UK-facing website, and a one-time payment integration. At this time, promoting Pay Later offers is not available on PayPal vaulted payments or billing agreement integrations.
- Please note that while messaging can be displayed on your website to help promote Pay Later offers to your customers, no additional content, wording, marketing, or other material should be created by you to encourage use of this product. PayPal reserves the right to take action in accordance with the User Agreement.
How it works
These are sample pages that have Pay Later messaging enabled for webpages and mobile devices.
Pay Later messaging on a webpage
Pay Later messaging on a mobile device
WooCommerce PayPal Payments
Before you can install WooCommerce PayPal Payments, install the following:
- WordPress version 5.3 or higher.
- WooCommerce version 3.9 or higher. Activate WooCommerce after the installation.
- PHP version 7.0 or higher.
Note Ensure that PayPal Payments is on version 1.1.0.
Install WooCommerce PayPal Payments
- Log in to your WordPress installation.
- Select Plugins > Add new.
- Search for the WooCommerce PayPal Payments plugin.
- Select Install Now and wait until the plugin is installed successfully.
- You can activate the plugin by selecting Activate now on the success page. If you want to activate it later, select Plugins > Installed Plugins.
Set up WooCommerce PayPal Payments
Complete the following steps to connect the plugin to your PayPal account.
- Log in to your WooCommerce admin panel.
- Select WooCommerce > Settings.
- Select the Payments tab.
- Select Set Up (or Manage if it’s already active) next to PayPal.
- Select the check box next to Enable/Disable.
- To enable PayPal Payments, select Connect to PayPal.
- Follow the prompts to connect your existing PayPal account or create a new account.
Update the plugin
- Log in to the WooCommerce admin panel.
- On the left side of the page, select Plugins.
- Select update now.
Customize the messaging layout
After you set up WooCommerce PayPal Payments, you can customize the messaging layout at the following locations:
- Product pages
- Shopping cart
- In the WooCommerce admin panel, select the Payments tab.
- Select Manage next to your module.
- Scroll down to Advanced Settings.
- Navigate to Credit Messaging on Checkout or Credit Messaging on a Single Product.
- If you're an existing user, select the check box with the words Enable message. This enables Pay Later messaging.
- From the dropdown lists, customize the messaging layout by changing the layout, logo, position, and text color.
See the WooCommerce documentation page for WooCommerce PayPal Payments to learn more about WooCommerce PayPal Payments.