Enable Pay Later messaging on BigCommerce
DocsCurrentLast updated: August 26th 2021, @ 2:36:27 pm
Promote PayPal Pay Later offers using messaging on your BigCommerce store.
PayPal offers short-term, interest-free payments and other special financing options that buyers can use to buy now and pay later. You get paid up-front, and there are no additional costs.
Pay Later messaging includes Pay in 3, which UK buyers can use to pay for purchases of £30 to £2,000 in three, interest-free payments.
Know before you begin
- Before you begin, learn more about Pay Later offers.
- Before you enable Pay Later messaging, integrate PayPal with BigCommerce.
- UK-based consumers are eligible for Pay Later offers across most of our integrations. As a merchant, you're eligible to promote Pay in 3 if you are a UK-based PayPal merchant with a UK-legal business entity, a UK-facing website, and a one-time payment integration. At this time, promoting Pay Later offers is not available on PayPal vaulted payments or billing agreement integrations.
- Pay later offers also follow the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy, which governs the usage of PayPal and prohibits the use of PayPal and pay later offers for certain types of transactions, such as real money gaming and firearms.
- Please note that while messaging can be displayed on your website to help promote Pay Later offers to your customers, no additional content, wording, marketing, or other material should be created by you to encourage use of this product. PayPal reserves the right to take action in accordance with the User Agreement.
Note: BigCommerce theme versions lower than 5.0.0 may stop Pay Later messaging from appearing on the site. If your theme is lower than 5.0.0, log in to your admin panel and go to Store Front > Themes > Upgrade. Standard Payments, Billing Agreements, and removing theme headers may also prevent Pay in 3 Messaging from showing.
Enable the messaging
To enable the Pay Later messaging, complete the following:
- Log in to your BigCommerce admin portal.
- Select Store Setup > Payments > Online Payment Methods > PayPal Settings.
- If PayPal Settings is not there, scroll to Online Payment Methods > PayPal > Set Up. If PayPal is not visible, contact BigCommerce to update your store to allow for the module.
- Choose your currency and select Log in with PayPal.
- Log in to your PayPal account or create a new account.
- Grant BigCommerce permission to access your account.
- Select Return to BigCommerce Pty Ltd.
- To determine if you want to authorize only or authorize and capture, select Transaction Type.
- To display Pay Later messaging, select Enable Pay Later Messaging, then select the locations on which you want to feature messaging.
- To display PayPal Credit, obtain a 4-digit code through the Customer Success Manager or Business Customer Support before selecting Enable PayPal Credit. Enabling PayPal Credit will automatically add the payment option to the checkout page.
Note: PayPal Credit cannot be used with Pay Later messaging. PayPal Credit is only available to UK merchants with a credit broker license.
You have enabled the Pay Later messaging on BigCommerce.
Log in to BigCommerce and go to your payment settings to add messaging for Pay Later offers.