Enable Pay Later messaging on Magento PayPal Express Checkout
DocsCurrentLast updated: September 1st 2021, @ 8:38:20 am
Promote PayPal Pay Later offers using messaging and buttons on your Magento store.
PayPal offers short-term, interest-free payments and other special financing options that buyers can use to buy now and pay later. You get paid up-front, and there are no additional costs.
Pay Later messaging includes Pay in 3, which UK buyers can use to pay for purchases of £30 to £2,000 in three, interest-free payments.
Know before you begin
- Before you begin, learn more about Pay Later offers.
- Pay Later messaging is enabled for new merchants. If you're an existing merchant, enable the messaging.
- UK-based consumers are eligible for Pay Later offers across most of our integrations. As a merchant, you're eligible to promote Pay in 3 if you are a UK-based PayPal merchant with a UK-legal business entity, a UK-facing website, and a one-time payment integration. At this time, promoting Pay Later offers is not available on PayPal vaulted payments or billing agreement integrations.
- Please note that while messaging can be displayed on your website to help promote Pay Later offers to your customers, no additional content, wording, marketing, or other material should be created by you to encourage use of this product. PayPal reserves the right to take action in accordance with the User Agreement.
Note: Ensure that you are using Magento 2.4.3 or higher.
How it works
These are sample checkout pages with Pay Later messaging and button enabled for webpages and mobile devices.
Pay Later messaging and button on a webpage
Pay Later messaging and button on a mobile device
Enable the messaging and button
To enable the Pay Later messaging and button, complete the following:
Access the settings
- Login to the Magento admin portal.
- Go to Stores > Configuration.
- Go to Sales > Payment Methods.
- Select Configure next to PayPal Express Checkout.
Configure the plugin
- Click the Connect with PayPal button. To test in Sandbox, click the Sandbox Credentials button.
Log in with your PayPal credentials. After agreeing to share your credentials with Magento you will need to login to your Magento admin panel again.
- Enable PayPal Pay Later Experience: Select Yes from the dropdown menu to activate Pay Later messaging and buttons. Only US Pay Later button is available.
- Advertise PayPal Pay Later: Customize Pay Later offers in various areas on the store.
- Payment Action: Choose between Authorize (authorize payment only, then delayed capture), Sale (immediate capture), or Order.
- Display on Product Details Page: Add PayPal button to the Product page.
- Display on Shopping Cart: Display PayPal button on the shopping cart. PayPal recommends setting to Yes.
See the Magento documentation to learn about eligibility and technical specifications for Pay Later offers through PayPal Express Checkout.