Older Versions of the Adaptive Accounts API
Unless you specify the version, PayPal defaults to the latest version of an API operation. APIs are backwards compatible with previous versions. However, PayPal recommends that you use the most recent version.
Adaptive Account Changes Corresponding to PayPal Version 98.0
The Adaptive Accounts release included in PayPal v98.0 adds an optional account identifier request parameter to the
GetVerifiedStatus API. To determine whether you can use this limited-release API, contact your PayPal integration team.
Adaptive Account Changes Corresponding to PayPal Version 96.0
The Adaptive Accounts release included in PayPal v96.0 had these new features:
- For the United States, Japan, Malaysia and Singapore, the
CreateAccountAPI's minibrowser flow pages were mobile-optimized. In all other countries, this API provided only a full browser flow.
- For the United States and Japan, a mobile-optimized minibrowser flow was added to the
AddPaymentCardAPI. In all other countries, this API provided only a full browser flow.
- The documentation was fixed to state that the default value of the
showAddCreditCardparameter of the
TRUE, rather than
- A new parameter (
confirmEmail) was added to the
CreateAccountAPI to return a redirect URL that will automatically confirm a user's email address. This feature is available only to select partners.
- Support for the Maestro card type was enabled in the
AddPaymentCardAPI for additional countries.
- The Switch card type was changed to UKMaestro.
- The UKMaestro card type works for International Maestro cards.
- Support for the "Solo" card type was dropped.
Adaptive Account Changes Corresponding to PayPal Version 94.0
The Adaptive Accounts release included in PayPal v94.0 had these new features:
- A new parameter (
reminderEmailFrequency) was added to the
CreateAccountrequest message. This parameter provides the option to suppress the initial Adaptive Accounts redirect email sent to the account holder, as well as the three reminder emails.
- The time allowed between a
CreateAccountcall and subsequent
AddPaymentCardcalls that use the account creation key returned by the
CreateAccountcall was extended from 15 to 60 minutes.
Adaptive Account Changes Corresponding to PayPal Version 89.0
Adaptive Account Changes Corresponding to PayPal Version 85.0
This document includes corrections to the explanations of the account creation flow and updates to Adaptive Accounts methods. The 85.0 release includes the following new features:
- In the
CreateAccountAPI, a new
- Updates to the error codes listings for multiple APIs.
UserInfofields for the
Adaptive Account Changes Corresponding to PayPal Version 69.0
Version 1.0.3 of Adaptive Accounts corresponds to Release 69.0 of the PayPal API. It includes the following changes to the minibrowser account creation feature and adds a supporting field in the
- Enhanced the minibrowser account creation flow to optionally include adding a bank card with a shipping address and confirmed phone number.
(Optional) Whether or not to show the mobile confirmation option.
Adaptive Account Changes Corresponding to PayPal Version 65.5
This release corresponds to Version 65.2 of the PayPal API. It includes the following new Adaptive Accounts feature:
- Added an account creation flow that displays the Create your PayPal account flow in a minibrowser.
Note: You must use Version 1.0.1 or higher of the Adaptive Accounts WSDL to implement this flow.
Adaptive Account Changes Corresponding to PayPal Version 64.2
This release includes the following new features:
- Ability to add payment cards as funding sources (new
- Ability to set the status for funding sources to confirmed (new
- Ability to add bank accounts without redirecting to PayPal.com (new
- Added country support for
- Ability to have PayPal perform extra vetting before activating an account (new
- Support for Merchant Referral Bonus functionality for
CreateAccount(Business/Premier accounts only) via the new HTTP request header
- Added country support for Malaysia, Singapore, China, Taiwan, Thailand, and Hong Kong for
Adaptive Account Changes Corresponding to PayPal Version 62.2
The 62.2 release included the following new features:
- Ability to create business accounts
- Adding bank accounts as funding sources
- Account verification
Creating Business Accounts
You can now use the
CreateAccount API to create PayPal Business accounts. To this end, the
CreateAccountRequest message lets you pass a new parameter,
Adding Bank Accounts
This release provides the
AddBankAccount API, which lets your application link the PayPal account to a bank account as the funding source.
Adaptive Accounts introduces the
GetVerifiedStatus API, which checks the PayPal account status. PayPal accounts can be verified or unverified. To determine whether you can use this limited-release API, contact your PayPal integration team.