Important: Adaptive Payments is now a limited release product. It is restricted to select partners for approved use cases and should not be used for new integrations without guidance from PayPal.
About Guest Payments
With the introduction of Guest Payments feature in Adaptive Payments web flow, users can now complete a payment by simply using a credit card. This capability allows developers to highlight and market credit card acceptance and increase their conversion rate by simply redirecting users to PayPal.com.
Some of the benefits of Guest Payments for developers are as follows:
- No need to become PCI compliant as the credit card information is collected on PayPal.com
- Same level of PayPal security for your credit card paying customers.
- Leverage all existing features of Adaptive Payments such as parallel or chained payments.
- Accepts credit card payments from your customer globally as this feature is launched internationally.
How it works
Developers are not required to perform any re-integration to take advantage of this new feature. Since this feature is introduced as part of the new Payment web flow, customers will be able to leverage guest payments when they get redirected to PayPal.com to complete a payment.
The guest payment feature has the following limitations:
- Guest Payments are not available for Implicit or Pre-approved payments.
- Guest Payments cannot be made to a personal or un-registered PayPal account.
- Guest Payments can only be made to Premier or Business verified PayPal account.
- Guest Payments cannot be made using an email that is already registered with PayPal.
- Guest Payments will not be available if API caller passes an email address in the request envelope.
After a user is redirected to PayPal, they can pay with a credit card by clicking the slider on the bottom-right side of the screen.