Website Payments Pro Hosted Solution
Important: Website Payments Pro is currently available in the UK only. PayPal continues to support merchants with existing integrations outside the UK. New integrations outside the UK must use PayPal Payments Pro, the replacement for Website Payments Pro.
Website Payments Pro Hosted Solutions offers merchants a way to securely accept credit and debit card or PayPal payments without capturing or storing card information on their website. Payment information is collected by PayPal using an in-line frame.
Website Payments Pro Hosted Solutions is available in several countries using varying names. For details, see International availability and fees.
How it works
Customers shop as usual on the merchant's website and pay using either a credit or debit card or their PayPal account. PayPal collects payment information from customers using an in-line frame (iframe) on the merchant's web site or on a fully customizable page hosted by PayPal. PayPal processes the transaction and returns the data to the merchants' website for fulfillment and order tracking.
The specific features of Website Payments Pro Hosted Solutions vary from country to country.
Why use Website Payments Pro Hosted Solutions
Implementing Website Payments Pro Hosted Solutions allows merchants to:
- Your PayPal business account is your merchant account.
- Get reports, statements, billing information, and account support for all their payment needs from PayPal and avoid dealing with multiple companies.
- View and download sales and transaction reports.
- Authorize payments to be captured later.
- Customize the payment page hosted by PayPal so it looks just like their website or integrate the payment page in an iframe. Using an iframe allows the merchant to hide the PayPal button and branding completely.
- Enable multi-user access, allowing employees or other designated individuals access to print shipping labels or view transaction history.
- Choose from multiple integration methods, from simple HTML POST to deeper integration using APIs.
- Protect their business and loss of data. Website Payments Pro Hosted Solutions handles customers' payment card information, helping protect merchants from fraud. PayPal adheres to international PCI (Payment Card Industry) and CISP (Cardholder Information Security Program) standards for data protection, helping merchants achieve PCI compliance.
- Take advantage of automatic fraud screening, including card verification (CVV2), at no extra charge. (Only available in certain countries.)
- Add Virtual Terminal to their account and accept off-line payments.
In addition to Website Payments Pro Hosted Solutions, PayPal recommends that you implement the PayPal Express Checkout button on your website. The button appears much earlier in the payment flow and gives existing PayPal account holders the opportunity to use PayPal, thereby increasing the transaction completion rate.
How to get started
Depending on your country, your company may have to meet certain requirements to sign up for Website Payments Pro Hosted Solutions.
Check your account status. Log in to PayPal.
Click the settings icon at the top of your PayPal account page and then click Profile and settings.In the left menu, click My settings to confirm that your Account Type is either Premier or Business, or upgrade your account.
If you will integrate using APIs, verify your API settings. Log in to PayPal and access your profile as described in the preceding step. In the left menu, click My selling tools. In the Selling online section, click Update next to API access, and then click the Request API credentials link to request an API signature or certificate. If you have already established your API signature or certificate, click the View API Signature or View API Certificate link to verify your API access.
Apply for Website Payments Pro Hosted Solutions. Click the link for your country:
PayPal usually reviews and approves applications within five to seven business days.
Choose your integration solution.
- Use HTML to integrate. Create a POST checkout form and customize the checkout pages hosted by PayPal so they look like your website. When customers complete the checkout form, it redirects them to PayPal where they enter their payment information.
- Use the Button Manager API to integrate. Insert the payment form into a compact iframe. Customize the iframe hosted by PayPal. Add the payment button using either HTML or an API operation.
- Integrate through shopping carts and ecommerce platforms. Check with the local PayPal team about which partners have integrated with Website Payments Pro Hosted.
Website Payments Pro Hosted Solution is not available in the United States.
International availability and fees
Website Payments Pro Hosted Solutions is available in the following countries. The product name might vary from country to country. For complete information on all fees, see the country-specific website.
|United Kingdom||Website Payments Pro Hosted Solution|
|France||PayPal Intégral Evolution|
|Australia||Website Payments Pro Hosted Solution|
|Hong Kong||Website Payments Pro Hosted Solution|
|Japan||Website Payments Plus|
PayPal Merchant Fees provides more information about pricing for PayPal merchant solutions.
Developer and merchant support
For answers to PayPal frequently asked questions, go to our Help Center.
For more help, visit our Merchant Technical Services.
To discuss issues and share ideas, visit the PayPal stackoverflow forum.
Join the PayPal Partner Program
Join the PayPal Partner Program in your country and enjoy many valuable benefits, including access to solutions integration information, marketing tools and a listing in our Partner Directory. It's free to join! For details, visit the Partner Program website and select your region and country.
Development and integration
Website Payments Pro Hosted Solution Integration Guide:
- Spain (Spanish)
- France (French)
- Hong Kong
- Italy (Italian)
- Japan (Japanese)
- United Kingdom
Website Payments Pro Hosted Solution Integration Guide, Payflow Edition
- To discuss issues and share ideas, visit the PayPal stackoverflow forum.