PayPal Invoicing Release Notes - Release 1.11.0
These products use the Invoicing API calls:
- PayPal Here
- Excel Invoicing Plug-in
For a current list of PayPal product and API issues, as well as upcoming maintenance events, go to PayPal Status.
|Name||Part of schema||Type of change|
||Element||For PayPal Here only.|
Retrieve a new invoice number for an invoice
You can use the GenerateInvoiceNumber call to retrieve a number that your app can present to a merchant for use in the creation of a new invoice.
Apply discounts at the item level
You can use new fields in InvoiceItemType for discounts at the item level:
- InvoiceItemType.discountPercent. A discount percent applied at the item level (not at the invoice level).
- InvoiceItemType.discountAmount. A discount amount applied at the item level (not at the invoice level).
- InvoiceType.totalItemDiscountAmount. Retrieved by the GetInvoiceDetails call. Total item-level discount on the invoice.
- InvoiceDetailsType.totalDiscountAmount. Retrieved by the GetInvoiceDetails call. A calculated value of the amount of the total discount on the invoice, taking into account item-level and invoice-level discounts.
Retrieve tax amount and shipping amount
You can use the GetInvoiceDetails call to retrieve the following values:
- InvoiceType.shippingTaxAmount. The amount of the shipping tax, at the invoice level.
- InvoiceItemType.taxAmount. The tax amount on an item.
Prevent a cancellation email
You can use the CancelInvoiceRequest.sendPayerNotification field to prevent an email from being sent to the payer when an invoice is canceled.
Some fields now optional for creating draft invoices
You can create a draft invoice without specifying the payerEmail field and itemList container.
Invoice date can be before the current date
When you use an API call to create or update an invoice, the invoiceDate field can contain a value that is before the date that you are making the API call.