PayPal integration in the Paydiant mobile wallet
PayPal’s In-Store platform allows a partner’s branded mobile wallet and the PayPal Braintree SDK to embed the PayPal app integration tool UI within the wallet UI in support of the following integrated functionality:
- Leverage a user’s PayPal profile to pre-populate the mobile wallet registration form
- Add a user’s PayPal account as a registered payment tender in the mobile wallet
- Make a payment using PayPal as the selected tender
This guide describes the steps necessary to implement each of these functional integrations in a branded mobile wallet.
In order to support PayPal profile retrieval or payment functionality in your app, you must integrate the Braintree SDK into your app.
The Braintree iOS SDK requires:
- Xcode 7+
- Base SDK iOS 9+
- Deployment Target iOS 7.0+
- The Braintree pod added to the Cocoapod podfile
For specific integration instructions, see Braintree iOS SDK.
The Braintree Android SDK requires:
- Android API >= to 15
- android-maven-plugin 4.1.0+
For specific integration instructions, see Braintree Android SDK.
Follow these steps to integrate your Paydiant mobile app with PayPal: