PayPal Express Checkout Integration
Express Checkout gives your buyers a simplified checkout experience that keeps them local to your website or mobile app throughout the payment authorization process and lets them use their PayPal balance, bank account, or credit card to pay without sharing or entering any sensitive information on your site.
Express Checkout is available in any country where PayPal is accepted.
Note: The Braintree SDK supports all currencies that are available for PayPal transactions, but it does not yet support all Express Checkout countries. For more information, see the supported countries.
How Express Checkout works
The Express Checkout flow keeps the buyer on your web page or mobile app throughout the entire checkout flow. On desktops, buyers check out in a secure lightbox window that overlays your website. On tablets and smart phones, buyers access the PayPal payment screens in a full-page mobile browser.
- When the buyer clicks the PayPal button, your app:
- Sets up the payment option for the checkout flow.
- Begins the checkout flow in a lightbox or mobile browser.
- The buyer logs in to PayPal. Your app can optionally show payment details on a confirmation page.
- The buyer reviews and authorizes the PayPal payment.
- Your app returns control to the parent window or mobile app to finalize the payment.