Important: PayPal for Partners is a limited-release solution at this time. It is available to select partners for approved use cases. Two versions of the solution are available:
- New integrations: version 2, this version (from February 2019)
- Existing integrations: version 1 (before February 2019)
New customers should integrate version 2. For more information, reach out to your PayPal account manager.
Create a Checkout button to set up and execute a payment inside your checkout flow. This gives your buyers a simplified and secure checkout experience that keeps them local to your website or mobile app throughout the payment process. You will use the
Note: For the remainder of this document, your site will be referred to as the client and the server on which your site's code is housed will be referred to as your server.
The following diagram shows you how creating a payment button using the server integration method works with the PayPal REST API to set up and execute payments.
- Copy and add the PayPal Checkout button code to your site.
- A buyer clicks the button.
- The button calls the PayPal Orders API to set up the payment and get a payment ID.
- The button launches the PayPal Checkout flow.
- Your buyer clicks the Pay Now button in the Checkout flow.
- The Pay Now button calls the PayPal Orders API to capture the payment.
- You show a receipt page to your buyer.
Important: Currently, PayPal for Partners supports using a PayPal button only. Venmo and PayPal Credit options are not available.
Note: This version of PayPal for Partners requires completion of account setup by your account manager before you can test in sandbox. Use prior to account set up results in the HTTP status code of