Create a Checkout button to set up and execute a payment inside your checkout flow. This gives your buyers a simplified and secure checkout experience that keeps them local to your website or mobile app throughout the payment process. You will use the
Note: For the remainder of this document, your site will be referred to as the client and the server on which your site's code is housed will be referred to as your server.
How it works
The following diagram shows you how creating a payment button using the server integration method works with the PayPal REST API to set up and execute payments.
- Copy and add the PayPal Checkout button code to your site.
- A buyer clicks the button.
- The button calls the PayPal REST API to set up the payment and get a payment ID.
- The button launches the PayPal Checkout flow.
- Your buyer clicks the Pay Now button in the Checkout flow.
- The Pay Now button calls the PayPal REST API to capture the payment.
- You show a receipt page to your buyer.
Important: Currently, PayPal for Partners supports using a PayPal button only. Venmo and PayPal Credit options are not available.