Important: PayPal for Partners is a limited-release solution at this time. It is available to select partners for approved use cases. Two versions of the solution are available:
- New integrations: version 2 (from February 2019)
- Existing integrations: version 1, this version (before February 2019)
New customers should integrate version 2. For more information, reach out to your PayPal account manager.
Create a Checkout button to set up and execute a payment inside your checkout flow. This gives your buyers a simplified and secure checkout experience that keeps them local to your website or mobile app throughout the payment process. You will use the
Note: Your site is the client and the server that runs your site's code is the server.
The following diagram shows you how a payment button that uses the server integration method works with the PayPal REST API to set up and execute payments.
- Copy and add the PayPal Checkout button code to your site.
- A buyer clicks the button.
- The button calls the PayPal Orders API to set up the payment and get a payment ID.
- The button launches the PayPal Checkout flow.
- Your buyer clicks the Pay Now button in the Checkout flow.
- The Pay Now button calls the PayPal Orders API to capture the payment.
- You show a receipt page to your buyer.
Important: Currently, PayPal for Partners supports the use of a PayPal button only. Venmo and PayPal Credit options are not available.