PayPal REST API Release Notes 2019
Each set of release notes describes changes that apply to the release:
API updates. New, changed, and deleted resources, request parameters, and response fields.
New features. New dashboards and tools related to the PayPal REST APIs.
Functional updates. Functional updates to operations, including new code list values and validation rule changes.
Announcements. Announcements related to the PayPal REST API.
Doc updates. Documentation updates not mentioned in API updates, new features, functional updates, or announcements.
- Added nofollow tags to hundreds of deprecated API pages so they don't appear in internet searches.
- Deleted out-of-date paragraph from the Website Payments Pro Security Guide.
- Updated Use the Mass Payments API and IPN and PDT Variables to remove references to the TravelRule because it was causing confusion for merchants.
- Added Paydiant reporting and analytics walk-through videos to the Reporting and Analytics Guide.
- Updated the description for the
TRANSACTION_DECLINED_BY_TRAVEL_RULEerror message in the Payouts API Reference.
- Corrected the description for
partner_client_idin the Partner Referrals API Reference. Resolves DEVDOC-2153.
- Added a link to [negative testing values] to the REST API test value section.
- Updated the appeal dispute and update dispute status methods in the Customer Disputes API Reference (v1). The appeal dispute method now shows the
evidencerequest object and the update dispute status method now shows the
- Updated the unsecured JSON web token example for the
PayPal-Auth-Assertion-Idrequest header in Get Started.
- Removed the internal
country_codefield from the
payer_infoobject in Payments API Reference v1.
- Updated the code sample for the show user profile information method in the Identity API Reference. Also, removed the sensitive
languageresponse fields from the show user profile information method.
- Added the
BILLING_AGREEMENTS.AGREEMENT.CANCELLEDevent names to Webhook Event Names.
- Updated Connect with PayPal button builder to remove the Connect option in the buttonType control. Also corrected issues with the generated snippet in Log In with PayPal button builder.
- Added a sentence to IPN Simulator. Included a link to a page that lists production IP addresses.
- Corrected a URL in PayPal Payments. It's honest now.
- Revised the Payflow Integration Guide to include the
- Revised the Payflow Fraud Protection Services User Guide to delete Global Payments Central and note the requirement for using Payflow APIs.
expires_infrom an integer to a string on Integrate Connect with PayPal.
- Deprecated two variables and fixed a broken link on the PayPal HTML Variables for PayPal Payments Standard page.
- Changed customize payment button to Customize Payment Wall to better describe the user's total action.
- Re-branded Log in with PayPal to Connect with PayPal. Documented the two versions of the button builder. Moved the initial version, Log in with PayPal button builder, to a new URL. The older Log In with PayPal button is supported until March 01, 2019.
- Refreshed an image and the process on PayPal for Partners Checkout.
- Corrected the
/b2b-gateway/records/userreceipts/URL to the
- Replaced link in REST APIs overview.
- Removed a dead link from Payments REST API integration page.
- Added information about REST API classifications to the Docs Catalog and Get Started.
- Re-branded Log In with PayPal to Connect with PayPal in the Identity API Reference.