Accept credit cards and PayPal payments including PayPal Credit® (formerly Bill Me Later®) online with PayPal Payments Advanced. This all-in-one solution offers an embedded checkout that keeps customers on the merchant's site and an Internet merchant account from PayPal. Plus, it's PCI compliant to help merchants manage their credit card security requirements.
With PayPal Payments Advanced, merchants can enable their online stores to collect payments directly via credit card, PayPal Express Checkout, or PayPal's PayPal Credit service. From an integration standpoint, PayPal Payments Advanced is identical to the PayPal Payflow gateway, with the following exceptions:
- PayPal Payments Advanced requires use of PayPal's hosted checkout templates (including our embedded checkout template) to submit sale and authorization transactions. Using these templates, merchants can avoid the burden of passing credit card details through their servers, greatly reducing their PCI compliance burden.
- PayPal Payments Advanced includes a merchant account from PayPal. Merchants can change their merchant account to another processor easily, but additional fees will apply.
- The PayPal Express Checkout and PayPal Credit payment methods cannot be disabled on the hosted checkout template for a PayPal Payments Advanced user.
PayPal Payments Advanced lets merchants:
- Focus on their business
- Use this all-in-one solution to have all customer payments conveniently deposited into their PayPal account.
- Integrate using any one of the many well-known shopping cart solutions that have pre-integrated PayPal Payments Advanced.
- Accept credit and debit cards, PayPal, and PayPal Credit®
- Accept all major debit and credit cards, including Visa, MasterCard® , American Express, Discover, JCB, and Diners Club.
- Offer Express Checkout and PayPal Credit as additional payment options.
- Customize the checkout experience — Merchants can host checkout pages on their website using PayPal's embedded template, or let PayPal host the checkout on their secure servers.
- Get paid quickly — After a payment is processed, the money usually shows up in a merchant's PayPal business account within minutes.
- Simplify PCI compliance — With PayPal Payments Advanced, PayPal handles data security for the merchant, helping to reduce their workload for proving PCI compliance.
- Stay informed with reporting
- Choose from various reports, including transaction status and settlement.
- Customize reporting with APIs that integrate into merchants' back-office applications.
- Use post-authorization APIs to send transaction data to their backend solution.
- Add levels of fraud protection — Add Basic or Advanced Fraud Protection Services to help protect against fraud threats. Available for an additional fee.
- Set up recurring payments — Add the Recurring Billing Service to automatically debit customers' debit or credit cards. Available for an additional fee.
Start coding today by creating a free developer test account.
Before you start accepting live transactions, you must fill out a short online credit application, which normally takes two days to process. Most applications are approved. In the event that your application is not approved, you can easily convert your account to Payflow Link and connect it with a merchant account from any major processor.
Availability and Support
Currently, PayPal Payments Advanced is available in the US only.
When you purchase PayPal Payments Advanced, PayPal provides free email support 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
Access online help from within PayPal Manager (click on the Help button in the upper right of your screen for context-specific help on any page.)
For PayPal Payments Advanced email or phone support, see email, phone number and hours below.
6:00 AM – 11:00 PM CDT, Monday – Friday 8:00AM – 10:00 PM CDT, Saturday – Sunday
- Payflow Payment Gateway Getting Started Guide
- Get started with PayPal Payments Advanced
- Create a test account
- Detailed integration guide and reference — Payflow Gateway Developer's Guide
- Reporting — Payflow Gateway Reporting Developer's Guide
- Configuring PayPal Payments Advanced for Partners (PDF)
- PayPal Partner Directory
- Obtain sample code in various programming languages with PayPal Integration Wizard.
- Optionally, download the Payflow Gateway SDK.
The following video tutorials explain how to integrate Payflow with PayPal hosted checkout pages: