PayPal Payments Advanced
Accept credit cards, PayPal, and PayPal Credit® (formerly Bill Me Later®) online with PayPal Payments Advanced. This all-in-one solution offers an embedded checkout that keeps customers on the merchant's site and an Internet merchant account from PayPal. Plus, it's PCI compliant to help merchants manage their credit card security requirements.
Get started now:
Start coding today by creating a free developer test account.
Before you start accepting live transactions, you must fill out a short online credit application, which normally takes two days to process. Most applications are approved. In the event that your application is not approved, you can easily convert your account to Payflow Link and connect it with a merchant account from any major processor.
How it works
With PayPal Payments Advanced, merchants can enable their online stores to collect payments directly via credit card, PayPal Express Checkout, or PayPal's PayPal Credit service. From an integration standpoint, PayPal Payments Advanced is identical to the PayPal Payflow gateway, with the following exceptions:
- PayPal Payments Advanced requires use of PayPal's hosted checkout templates (including our embedded checkout template) to submit sale and authorization transactions. Using these templates, merchants can avoid the burden of passing credit card details through their servers, greatly reducing their PCI compliance burden.
- PayPal Payments Advanced includes a merchant account from PayPal. Merchants can change their merchant account to another processor easily, but additional fees will apply.
- The PayPal Express Checkout and PayPal Credit payment methods cannot be disabled on the hosted checkout template for a PayPal Payments Advanced user.
Why use PayPal Payments Advanced
PayPal Payments Advanced lets merchants:
|Focus on their business||
|Accept credit and debit cards, PayPal, and PayPal Credit®||
|Customize the checkout experience||
|Get paid quickly||
|Simplify PCI compliance||
|Stay informed with reporting||
|Add levels of fraud protection||
|Set up recurring payments||
How to get started
PayPal Payments Advanced is available using the .NET or Java library for Payflow Gateway. You can also build your own API by posting directly to the Payflow Gateway servers via HTTPS.
- Apply for PayPal Payments Advanced. If you are not ready to sign up yet, you can create a free developer test account.
- Log in to the email account you used when you applied for PayPal Payments Advanced. Using the Partner ID, your merchant login ID, and password—leave the User field blank—log in to the PayPal Manager. Configure your PayPal Payments Advanced settings.
- Choose an integration method:
- Many leading e-commerce solutions are pre-integrated with PayPal Payments Advanced. For more information, see PayPal Partner Solutions.
- Let PayPal host your checkout pages. Integrate Payflow Gateway and customize the PayPal pages to match your website.
- You can use the PayPal Integration Wizard to obtain sample code in various programming languages. Alternatively, you can download the Payflow Gateway SDKs, or build your own APIs and use the HTTPS interface to post to the servers.
You are now ready to go live.
The prices listed are for PayPal Payments Advanced only. They do not include fees for added services like recurring billing.
Set-up fee: $0
Monthly fee: $5
Per transaction fee: 2.2%-2.9% of transaction amount, plus $0.30/transaction. Fees depend on monthly sales volume.
These prices apply to domestic payments in US Dollars. See PayPal Payments Advanced for details.
International availability and fees
Currently, PayPal Payments Advanced is available in the US only.
Developer and Merchant Support
When you purchase PayPal Payments Advanced, PayPal provides free email support 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- Access online help from within Manager.PayPal.com (click on the Help button in the upper right of your screen for context-specific help on any page.)
- For more help, visit our Merchant Technical Services.
- For PayPal Payments Advanced email or phone support, see email, phone number and hours below.
|PayPal Payments Advanced||888-215-5506||6:00 AM – 11:00 PM CDT, Monday – Friday
8:00AM – 10:00 PM CDT, Saturday – Sunday
Join the PayPal Partner Program
Join the North America Partner Program and enjoy many valuable benefits, including access to solutions integration information, marketing tools and a listing in our Partner Directory. It's free to join! For details, visit the Partner Program website.
Related ProductsPayflow Gateway
Getting Started Guides
Development and Integration
- Create a test account
- Payflow Gateway Overview (PDF)
- Payflow Gateway Developer Guide and Reference (HTML)
- Embedded Checkout Design Guide (PDF)
- Configuring PayPal Payments Advanced for Partners (PDF)
Sample Code and SDK
You can use the PayPal Integration Wizard to obtain sample code in various programming languages.