Enable Pay Later messaging on Salesforce Commerce Cloud
Promote PayPal Pay Later offers using messaging on your Salesforce Commerce Cloud store.
PayPal offers short-term, interest-free payments and other special financing options that buyers can use to buy now and pay later. You get paid up-front, and there are no additional costs.
Pay Later messaging include Pay in 4X, which eligible French buyers can use to pay for purchases of 50€ to 2,000€ in four payments.
Know before you begin
- Before you begin, learn more about Pay Later offers.
- Before you enable Pay Later messaging, integrate the Salesforce Commerce Cloud PayPal plugin.
- You are eligible to promote Pay in 4X if you are a France-based PayPal merchant with a France-facing website and a one-time payment integration. Reference Transaction or Recurring Payment integrations are not eligible, as well as certain merchant categories (such as digital goods or non-physical goods).
Please note that while messaging can be displayed on your website to help promote Pay Later offers to your customers, no additional content, wording, marketing, or other material should be created by you to encourage use of this product. PayPal reserves the right to take action in accordance with the User Agreement.
Note: If you enabled billing agreements in Salesforce Commerce Cloud, the webpage won't display the messaging banners.
How it works
These are sample checkout pages with Pay Later messaging and button enabled for webpages and mobile devices.
Pay Later messaging and button on a webpage
Pay Later messaging and button on a mobile device
Enable the messaging
To enable Pay Later messaging, complete the following:
- Log in to your Salesforce admin portal.
- From Business Manager, select Merchant Tools > Site Preferences > Custom Preferences.
A new custom group displays.
- Select View for PayPal Credit Messaging.
This displays the group preferences, which you can use to toggle the layout of Pay Later messaging (which includes PayPal Credit) for PDP, the category, and the cart page.
- Set the value to Yes.
Note: Ensure that the PayPal plugin is at least version 20.1.2 and the Salesforce Commerce Cloud SFRA version is at least 4.4.1.
You have enabled Pay Later messaging on Salesforce Commerce Cloud.
Log in to Salesforce and go to your payment settings to add messaging for Pay Later offers.