Enable Pay Later messaging for IWD on Magento 2
DocsCurrentLast updated: May 27th 2021, @ 12:27:50 pm
Promote PayPal Pay Later offers using messaging with the IWD plugin on your Magento 2 store.
PayPal offers short-term, interest-free payments and other special financing options that buyers can use to buy now and pay later. You get paid up-front, and there are no additional costs.
Pay Later messaging include Pay in 4X, which eligible French buyers can use to pay for purchases of 30€ to 2,000€ in four payments.
Know before you begin
- Before you begin, learn more about Pay Later offers.
- You are eligible to promote Pay in 4X if you are a France-based PayPal merchant with a France-facing website and a one-time payment integration. Reference Transaction or Recurring Payment integrations are not eligible, as well as certain merchant categories (such as digital goods or non-physical goods).
Please note that while messaging can be displayed on your website to help promote Pay Later offers to your customers, no additional content, wording, marketing, or other material should be created by you to encourage use of this product. PayPal reserves the right to take action in accordance with the User Agreement.
How it works
This integration provides the following options:
|Customizable messaging||Merchants can change the logo type, logo position, and text color for Pay Later messaging.|
|Messaging display options||By default, Pay Later messaging displays on the Mini-cart, Shopping Cart, and Checkout pages.|
|Messaging using shopping cart amounts||By default, IWD Checkout passes the shopping cart amount to all Pay Later messaging.|
|PayPal messaging-ready product page||Merchants can display Pay Later messaging on the product page by adding an HTML element in their product layouts.|
Enable the messaging
Manually add Pay Later messaging on any product page.
- Find your product page files, which is often in the folder: app/design/frontend/PACKAGE_NAME/THEME_NAME/Magento_Catalog/templates/product/price/final_price.phtml.
- Open the file and at the end of the text, copy and paste the following HTML code:
<div data-pp-message data-pp-placement="product" data-pp-amount="500.00" data-pp-style-layout="text" data-pp-style-logo-type="alternative" data-pp-style-logo-position="top" data-pp-style-text-color="black"></div>
Customize the messaging
- Replace the value of
data-pp-amountto display a product price. Update this value if you want to display a different price.
- Customize the Pay Later messaging layout by referring to the customize the messaging page.
You have enabled Pay Later messaging for IWD on Magento 2.
See the IWD documentation to learn more about Pay Later messaging for IWD on Magento 2.