Smart Payment Buttons Overview
PayPal Checkout with Smart Payment Buttons gives your buyers a simplified and secure checkout experience. PayPal intelligently presents the most relevant payment types to your shoppers, automatically, making it easier for them to complete their purchase using methods like Pay with Venmo, PayPal Credit, credit card payments, iDEAL, Bancontact, Sofort, and other payment types.
Try the buttons
Click the Smart Payment Buttons to experience a complete PayPal Checkout flow:
Add the buttons to your website
Now that you've seen the Smart Payment Buttons in action, add the button code to your website. Copy and paste this code into an HTML page and view it in your browser. You'll use the code to start a basic integration.
<script src="https://www.paypal.com/sdk/js?client-id=sb"></script> <script>paypal.Buttons().render('body');</script>
Tip: To log in to PayPal after you click the Smart Payment Buttons, create a sandbox account.
How the buttons work
Before you begin, here's a big-picture view of how a PayPal Checkout with Smart Payment Buttons integration works:
- You add the PayPal Smart Payment Buttons to your web page.
- Your buyer clicks the button.
- The button calls PayPal Orders API to set up a transaction.
- The button launches the PayPal Checkout experience.
- The buyer approves the payment.
- The button calls PayPal Orders API to finalize the transaction.
- You show a confirmation to your buyer.