Pay Later offers (US)
Add Pay Later buttons and messaging to your checkout
DocsCurrentLast updated: March 22nd 2023, @ 2:00:36 pm
PayPal offers short-term, interest-free payments, longer-term, monthly installments, and other special financing options that buyers can use to buy now and pay later, while merchants get paid up-front. Pay Later is included with the standard PayPal Checkout. However, specific Pay Later offers differ by country.
Pay Later in the US includes the following:
- Pay in 4 - Eligible US buyers can pay in four interest-free payments for purchases of $30 to $1,500.
- Pay Monthly - Eligible US buyers can pay in 6, 12, or 24 monthly installments for purchases of $199 to $10,000.
How it works
Pay Later messaging
Pay Later messaging lets your buyers know they can buy now and pay later, if they check out with PayPal. Adding messaging to your website can help improve conversion, attract new customers, and increase order values.
Pay Later messages are dynamic, enabling you to show your customers their specific Pay Later offer, based on the contents of their shopping cart.
Example message for Pay in 4
Example message for Pay Monthly
We recommend adding dynamic messaging throughout the shopping journey where customers see prices and subtotals, such as on product pages, the shopping cart, and checkout pages.
Pay Later button
Render the Pay Later button in a one-time payment integration by passing
enable-funding=paylater in the
You can render the payment buttons in a horizontal or vertical layout or as standalone payment buttons. When customers select the button, the Pay Later application starts in the PayPal Checkout.
You're eligible to integrate Pay Later offers in the US if you meet all of the following:
- You're a US-based PayPal merchant.
- You have a US-facing website.
- You transact in US dollars (USD).
- You have a one-time payment integration.
- You abide by the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy.
- You do not edit Pay Later messages with additional content, wording, marketing, or other materials to encourage use of this product. PayPal reserves the right to take action in accordance with the PayPal User Agreement.
Reference Transaction and Recurring Payment integrations aren't eligible for Pay Later offers. Website Payments Standard (WPS) integrations aren't eligible for Pay Later messaging.
Note: About Pay in 4: Loans to CA residents are made or arranged pursuant to a CA Financing Law License. PayPal, Inc. is a GA Installment Lender Licensee, NMLS #910457. RI Small Loan Lender Licensee.
Note: Pay Monthly is subject to consumer credit approval. The lender for Pay Monthly is WebBank. PayPal, Inc. NMLS #910457: CT Small Loan Licensee. RI Loan Broker Licensee. VT Loan Solicitation Licensee.
How do you want to integrate?
Choose how you want to add Pay Later messaging to your site.
Add Pay Later messaging
Code the messages yourself or enable them with a commerce platform.
Add Pay Later button