Pay with Venmo
Add Venmo as a payment button
DocsCurrentLast updated: March 16th 2023, @ 11:23:55 am
Add Venmo as a payment button to an existing Checkout integration to allow payers to checkout with Venmo.
When you integrate with Venmo, your payers get:
- A streamlined checkout process.
- The ability to split purchases among friends.
- The option to share purchase information on a social feed.
How it works
Your existing PayPal buttons display a Venmo button. When payers select Venmo, they can pay in the Venmo app.
Payers can use Venmo on the same pages they can use PayPal, including your product page, cart page, and checkout page.
Note: Payers must have the Venmo app installed.
Your payers switch to the Venmo app to authorize and complete the payment.
- Payer taps the Venmo button. Their mobile device switches to the Venmo app to complete payment.
- Payer taps Continue.
- Payer is routed back to your website.
Note: Payers on mobile devices must use Safari on iOS or Chrome on Android.
Desktop web browser workflow
Your payers scan a QR code using their Venmo app to authorize and complete the payment.
- Payer clicks the Venmo button on the desktop to generate a QR code.
- Payer scans the QR code from the Venmo app on a mobile device.
- Payer completes the payment review on the Venmo app.
- Payer is routed back to your website to complete the payment.
- US-based merchants and US-based consumers only.
- Payment must be in USD.
|Authorization and capture||Yes|
|Multiple seller payments||No|
|Buy online, pay in store||No|
Add the Venmo button to your standard payments integration.
After you integrate, make sure your buttons render in the layout that you want.