Enable Pay Later messaging on Magento PayPal Express Checkout
DocsCurrentLast updated: August 26th 2021, @ 2:49:38 pm
Promote PayPal Pay Later offers using messaging and buttons on your Magento store.
PayPal offers short-term, interest-free payments and other special financing options that buyers can use to buy now and pay later. You get paid up-front, and there are no additional costs.
Pay Later messaging include the following Pay Later offers which are available to US customers only:
- Pay in 4, which eligible US buyers can use to pay for purchases of $30 to $1,500 in four, interest-free payments.
- PayPal Credit, a revolving line of credit that buyers can use to pay over time.
Know before you begin
- Before you begin, learn more about Pay Later offers.
US-based consumers are eligible for Pay Later offers across most of our integrations. As a merchant, you're eligible to promote Pay Later offers if you are based in the US with a US-facing website and a one-time payment integration. Promoting Pay Later offers is not available if you're using vaulted payments or subscriptions.
Note: Ensure that you are using Magento 2.4.3 or higher.
How it works
These are sample checkout pages with Pay Later messaging and button enabled for webpages and mobile devices.
Pay Later messaging and button on a webpage
Pay Later messaging and button on a mobile device
Enable the messaging and button
To enable the Pay Later messaging and button, complete the following:
Access the settings
- Login to the Magento admin portal.
- Go to Stores > Configuration.
- Go to Sales > Payment Methods.
- Select Configure next to PayPal Express Checkout.
Configure the plugin
- Click the Connect with PayPal button. To test in Sandbox, click the Sandbox Credentials button.
Log in with your PayPal credentials. After agreeing to share your credentials with Magento you will need to login to your Magento admin panel again.
- Enable PayPal Pay Later Experience: Select Yes from the dropdown menu to activate Pay Later messaging and buttons.
- Advertise PayPal Pay Later: Customize Pay Later offers in various areas on the store.
- Payment Action: Choose between Authorize (authorize payment only, then delayed capture), Sale (immediate capture), or Order.
- Display on Product Details Page: Add PayPal button to the Product page.
- Display on Shopping Cart: Display PayPal button on the shopping cart. PayPal recommends setting to Yes.
See the Magento documentation to learn about eligibility and technical specifications for Pay Later offers through PayPal Express Checkout.