Update your integration for a PayPal China account
When you migrate to a PayPal China account, you will settle transactions in
CNY rather than in the original transaction currency. Some important things to know about this change include:
- Your checkout integration will continue to work without issue, whether it's Express Checkout or PayPal Checkout and regardless of the integration method (NVP/SOAP, REST API, IPN notifications, or webhooks).
- Some of our API responses return additional response fields because of the settlement change. Depending on the needs of your business, you can leave your integration as it is or choose to consume the additional response fields related to cross-border transactions.
- Your PayPal China account displays commerce activities only, so we provide only the reports that support those activities. You can switch account views to see payment and settlement-related activities.
Use this topic to understand the changes and decide whether you want to update your integration to consume the additional API response fields.
Know before you code
- Log in to your PayPal China account to get your API credentials for:
- NVP/SOAP operations - Your new PayPal China account credentials don't work to log you in to your previous PayPal account. Instead, when you log into your PayPal China account, you'll find a link to your previous account. Use that link to access your NVP/SOAP API credentials.
- REST APIs - Your new PayPal China account credentials don't work to log you in to the Developer Dashboard. Instead, when you log into your PayPal China account, you'll find a link to the Developer Dashboard. Use that link to access your REST API credentials.
- The sandbox testing environment isn't currently available for PayPal China accounts. Test your integration in the live environment using live apps and API credentials.
Step 1: Review product features and changes relevant to CNY
Review the features and changes that are relevant to your integration method (NVP/SOAP, REST API, or reporting) and then determine how you need to update your existing integration to account for settling transactions in
CNY. As an example, some APIs add new fields and you might decide you want to update your integration to capture these fields for business functions like reconciliation.
- NVP/SOAP integrations:
- REST API integrations:
- Report specifications
Step 2: Update your integration
Make any updates you've identified from the previous step that affect your integration.
Step 3: Test and go live
The sandbox testing environment isn't currently available for PayPal China accounts. Test your integration updates in the live environment using live apps and API credentials.