Payment Buttons (PayPal Payments Standard)
PayPal makes it easy to accept payments on a website, whether it’s a mobile device, tablet, or PC. Just copy and paste a short HTML snippet on your website to add a payment button for a single item or for a shopping cart. You can use the buttons to securely accept credit card, debit card, or PayPal payments.
Get your merchant account ID.
Log in to the PayPal site (https://www.paypal.com). Your merchant account ID is on your account profile page.
Note If you don’t have a Business or Premium account, your profile page will not have a merchant account ID. In this case, use the email address for your account.
Choose your button type, then customize your button with your product name and price.
Add the button code to your website.
Just copy and paste the HTML snippet, and you’re ready to start selling!
It’s that simple. No need to deal with a long confusing form. You can update product name and pricing directly on your site.
For a PayPal payment button demonstration, please see the Demo Portal.
PayPal Payments Standard lets you search for and view transaction records, get sales reports, and track profits and losses. You can also authorize and capture payments, as well as issue refunds for all or part of a payment.
With PayPal Payments Standard, you can enjoy all of the following features:
- Inventory management — Get alerts when your inventory runs low. Set this up when you create payment buttons.
- Customizable checkout experience — Customers can sign-up for PayPal and return to your website. You can also customize the checkout page.
- Reporting and management — Search and view transactions, get sales reports, and track profit/loss. Authorize and capture payments and issue partial or full refunds.
- Shipping and tax support — Print postage-paid shipping labels, pay for shipping and insurance, track and confirm shipments. Add shipping costs to shopping cart buttons. Calculate and display sales tax.
- Fraud prevention — Encrypt buttons to help protect merchants from fraud. Ship to customers confirmed address. In the U.S., take advantage of PayPal Seller Protection.
- Back-end integration — Get real-time purchase confirmation, notice when transactions are made, and automate payment process. Integrate PayPal data with Excel, QuickBooks, or Quicken.
Features for Developers
- Notifications — In addition to the email sent with each payment, you can also receive notifications to a notifications listener on your server. See Payment Data Transfer for more information.
- Button Manager API — If you create or manage a number of PayPal Payment Standard buttons—for example, if you provide a shopping cart for several merchants—you may save time and effort by using the Button Manager API.
You can use PayPal Payments Standard in any country where PayPal is accepted. You can hold multiple currency balances in your PayPal account or convert a currency balance at competitive rates. There are no set-up costs or monthly fees. International fees may vary. For information, see Transaction Fees for Cross-border Payments.
Add a Donate Button
Edit Buttons in Dreamweaver
- PayPal Payments Standard Integration Guide
- PayPal Payments Standard HTML variable reference
- For a complete list of PayPal hosted buttons and their URLs, see the PayPal Button Reference.
- Setup notifications using Payment Data Transfer.
Name-Value Pair Integration Guide
SOAP Integration Guide