Enable Pay Later messaging on BigCommerce (US-based merchants)
Promote PayPal Pay Later offers using messaging and buttons on your BigCommerce store.
PayPal offers short-term, interest-free payments and other special financing options that buyers can use to buy now and pay later. You get paid up-front, and there are no additional costs.
Pay Later messaging include the following Pay Later offers which are available to US customers only:
- Pay in 4, which eligible US buyers can use to pay for purchases of $30 to $600 in four, interest-free payments.
- PayPal Credit, a revolving line of credit that buyers can use to pay over time.
Know before you begin
- Before you begin, learn more about Pay Later offers.
- Before you enable Pay Later messaging, integrate PayPal with BigCommerce.
US-based consumers are eligible for Pay Later offers across most of our integrations. As a merchant, you're eligible to promote Pay Later offers if you are based in the US with a US-facing website and a one-time payment integration. Promoting Pay Later offers is not available if you're using vaulted payments or subscriptions.
Note: BigCommerce theme versions lower than 5.0.0 may stop Pay Later messaging from appearing on the site. If your theme is lower than 5.0.0, log in to your admin panel and go to Store Front > Themes > Upgrade. Standard Payments, Billing Agreements, and removing theme headers may also prevent Pay Later Messaging from showing.
How it works
These are sample checkout pages with Pay Later messaging and button enabled for webpages and mobile devices.
Pay Later messaging and button on a webpage
Pay Later messaging and button on a mobile device
Enable the messaging and button
To enable the Pay Later messaging and button, complete the following:
- Log in to your BigCommerce admin portal.
- Select Store Setup > Payments > Online Payment Methods > PayPal > Setup.
- Select Connect with PayPal.
- Log in to your PayPal account or create a new account.
- Grant BigCommerce permission to access your account.
- Select Return to BigCommerce Pty Ltd.
- To determine if you want to authorize only or authorize and capture, select Transaction Type.
- To display the PayPal Pay Later button, select Enable PayPal Credit. This enables the Pay Later button. This step is required to enable messaging.
- To display Pay Later messaging, select Enable PayPal Credit Banners, then select the locations on which you want to feature messaging. This automatically enables Pay Later messaging on the selected pages and the checkout page.
You have enabled the Pay Later messaging and button on BigCommerce.
Log in to BigCommerce and go to your payment settings to add buttons and messaging for Pay Later offers.