Pay Later offers (DE)
Add Pay Later buttons and messaging to your checkout
DocsCurrentLast updated: May 27th 2022, @ 1:08:58 am
PayPal offers short-term, installment payments and other special financing options that buyers can use to buy now and pay later, while merchants get paid up-front. Pay Later is included with the standard PayPal Checkout. However, specific Pay Later offers differ by country.
Pay Later in Germany includes the following:
- PayPal Ratenzahlung - Eligible German buyers can pay in 3, 6, 12, or 24 monthly installments for purchases of 99€ to 5,000€.
- Pay in 30 - Eligible German buyers can pay within 30 days for purchases of 1€ to 1,000€.
How it works
Pay Later messaging
Pay Later messaging lets your buyers know they can buy now and pay later, if they check out with PayPal. Adding messaging to your website can help improve conversion, attract new customers, and increase order values.
Pay Later messages are dynamic, enabling you to show your customers their specific Pay Later offer, based on the contents of their shopping cart.
Example message for PayPal Ratenzahlung at 0% APR
Example message for PayPal Ratenzahlung at 9.99% APR
Example message for Pay in 30
We recommend adding dynamic messaging throughout the shopping journey where customers see prices and subtotals, such as on product pages, the shopping cart, and checkout pages.
Pay Later button
You're eligible to integrate Pay Later offers in Germany if you meet all of the following:
- You're a Germany-based PayPal merchant.
- You have a Germany-facing website.
- You transact in euros (EUR).
- You have a one-time payment integration.
- You abide by the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy.
- You do not edit Pay Later messages with additional content, wording, marketing, or other materials to encourage use of this product. PayPal reserves the right to take action in accordance with the PayPal User Agreement
Reference Transaction and Recurring Payment integrations aren't eligible for Pay Later offers. Website Payments Standard (WPS) integrations aren't eligible for Pay Later messaging.
How do you want to integrate?
Choose how you want to add Pay Later messaging to your site.
Add Pay Later messaging
Code the messages yourself or enable them with a commerce platform.
Add Pay Later button