Once you've completed your integration, done your testing, and are ready to go live with your application, be sure to read through the following considerations:
Check best practices
Be sure to read through the list of integration best practices to ensure that you're providing a great merchant experience.
Obtain live credentials
- Log in to the developer portal, select your REST App, and then click live on the toggle in the upper right hand corner.
- Obtain your live client ID and secret.
- Ensure that the same feature toggles are selected for live that are selected for sandbox.
Run a live test
While you've done extensive testing in the sandbox, it's always a good thing to run a test in production:
- Test the end-to-end flow from onboarding to payment to ensure that everything is smooth and there aren't any unexpected results.
- When it's time to test a payment, test with a small amount and then refund the transaction back to your funding source. The minimum amount that can be processed is 1 USD, 1 AUD, or 1 GBP, depending on your location.
When you are ready to submit your application to its respective app store, be sure that you are utilizing the release version of the SDK and not the debug version. The debug version will be rejected by the app stores.
Note: If you are developing for iOS, you will need to enroll in the Apple MFi program. In order to complete your enrollment, fill out the MFi Enrollment Form and email it to email@example.com. After we receive the form, the PayPal Here team will submit it to Apple on your behalf. You will receive an update from us when the enrollment has been reviewed and approved.