Enable Pay Later messaging for IWD on Magento 2
Promote PayPal Pay Later offers using messaging with the IWD plugin on your Magento 2 store.
PayPal offers short-term, interest-free payments and other special financing options that buyers can use to buy now and pay later. You get paid up-front, and there are no additional costs.
Pay Later messaging include the following Pay Later offers which are available to US customers only:
- Pay in 4, which eligible US buyers can use to pay for purchases of $30 to $1,500 in four, interest-free payments.
- PayPal Credit, a revolving line of credit that buyers can use to pay over time.
On the page
Know before you begin
- Before you begin, learn more about Pay Later offers.
US-based consumers are eligible for Pay Later offers across most of our integrations. As a merchant, you're eligible to promote Pay Later offers if you are based in the US with a US-facing website and a one-time payment integration. Promoting Pay Later offers is not available if you're using vaulted payments or subscriptions.
How it works
This integration provides the following options:
|Customizable messaging||Merchants can change the logo type, logo position, and text color for Pay Later messaging.|
|Messaging display options||By default, Pay Later messaging displays on the Mini-cart, Shopping Cart, and Checkout pages.|
|Messaging using shopping cart amounts||By default, IWD Checkout passes the shopping cart amount to all Pay Later messaging.|
|PayPal messaging-ready product page||Merchants can display Pay Later messaging on the product page by adding an HTML element in their product layouts.|
Enable the messaging
Manually add Pay Later messaging on any product page.
- Find your product page files, which is often in the folder: app/design/frontend/PACKAGE_NAME/THEME_NAME/Magento_Catalog/templates/product/price/final_price.phtml.
- Open the file and at the end of the text, copy and paste the following HTML code:
<div data-pp-message data-pp-placement="product" data-pp-amount="500.00" data-pp-style-layout="text" data-pp-style-logo-type="alternative" data-pp-style-logo-position="top" data-pp-style-text-color="black"></div>
Customize the messaging
- Replace the value of
data-pp-amountto display a product price. Update this value if you want to display a different price.
- Customize the Pay Later messaging layout by referring to the customize the messaging page.
You have enabled Pay Later messaging for IWD on Magento 2.
See the IWD documentation to learn more about Pay Later messaging for IWD on Magento 2.