Pay with Venmo
Add Venmo as a payment button
DocsCurrentLast updated: May 21st 2021, @ 6:43:29 am
Pay with Venmo offers a simplified mobile checkout experience at no additional cost to you. Your buyers get:
- A streamlined checkout process.
- Splitting and sharing of purchases.
How it works
When eligible, your existing PayPal buttons display a Venmo button. When buyers select Venmo, they can pay in their Venmo app.
Your buyers can use Venmo on the same pages they can use PayPal, including your product page, cart page, and checkout page.
- Buyer taps the Venmo button and their mobile device switches to the Venmo app to complete the transaction.
- Buyer taps Continue.
- Buyer is routed back to your website.
Desktop web browsers
Your buyers scan a QR code using their Venmo app to authorize and complete the payment.
- US-based merchants and US-based consumers only.
- Transaction must be in USD.
- Buyers on mobile devices must use Safari on iOS or Chrome on Android.
- Buyers on desktop web browsers can use any major web browser.
- Buyers must have the Venmo iOS or Android app installed.
- One-time payments, including authorization and capture use cases, are supported.
- Billing agreements, Multiple seller payments, and Shipping callback are not supported.
- Transaction must be an online purchase (buy online, pay in store is not supported).