Pay with Venmo
Add Venmo as a payment button
DocsCurrentLast updated: May 21st 2021, @ 6:43:29 am
Pay with Venmo offers a simplified mobile checkout experience at no additional cost to you. Your buyers get:
- A streamlined checkout process.
- Splitting and sharing of purchases.
How it works
When eligible, your existing PayPal buttons display a Venmo button. When buyers select Venmo, they can pay in their Venmo app.
Availability: The Venmo button is available to US-based merchants and US-based customers using mobile browsers (Safari on iOS and Chrome on Android).
Your buyers can use Venmo on the same pages they can use PayPal, including your product page, cart page, and checkout page.
- Buyer taps the Venmo button and their mobile device switches to the Venmo app to complete the transaction.
- Buyer taps Continue.
- Buyer is routed back to your website.
- US-based merchants and US-based consumers.
- Customers must have the Venmo iOS or Android app installed.
- One-time payments are supported, including authorization and capture use cases.
- Billing agreements and desktop experience are not yet supported.