View transaction activity
You can view all transaction activity for your payment buttons using any of these methods:
You can also view transaction activity from Instant Payment Notification or Payment Data Transfer. More for information, see Receive payment notifications.
PayPal sends email notices to the primary email account associated with your PayPal account when payments are:
If you specified an alternate email address on the Create a PayPal payment button page or by using an HTML variable in your button code, then email notices are sent to the alternate email address instead.
Shortly after buyers complete transactions using your payment buttons, PayPal displays those transactions in the Recent activity table located on the Summary page of your PayPal account.
To use the Activity table:
Log in to your PayPal Business or Premier account.
The Summary page is displayed, with the Recent activity table on the right side of the page. By default, the table displays activity for the last 30 days.
Click the table headings to filter on a specific type of activity, or click More to open the Activity table.
The Activity table is displayed and shows all transaction activity for the past 30 days.
Select options from the Active, All transactions, and All currencies menus to filter for a specific type of transaction activity. You can also use the search tool to filter activity.
When viewing transaction activity, the status of payments can be:
- Completed: Transactions were successful, and funds were credited to your account.
- Cleared: Payments cleared senders' accounts, and funds were credited to your account.
- Uncleared: Payments have not cleared sender's accounts, and funds were not credited.
Downloadable history logs
You can download all transaction activity for a specific date range or all transaction history since your last download. You can choose the type of download file, include shopping cart details, and customize the download fields.
To download history logs:
- Log in to your PayPal Business or Premier account.
- At the top of the page, click Activity.
On the right side of the page, click Download.
The Download History page is displayed.
- Enter dates for Custom Date Range or click Last Download to Present.
- (Optional) Click Include Shopping Cart details to view history for shopping cart buttons.
- (Optional) Click Customize Download Fields to choose which fields will be included in the downloaded history.
- Select a file type from File Types for Download.
- Click Download History.
For a description of the history log fields, see Download History Fields.