Website Payments Pro
Website Payments Pro is an API-based solution that lets merchants and developers accept credit and debit cards directly on their website. Buyers paying with PayPal or PayPal Credit® (formerly Bill Me Later® ) check out securely on PayPal.com. Website Payments Pro includes Direct Payment, Express Checkout, and additional PayPal solutions and tools — like Virtual Terminal, Fraud Management Filters, and reference transactions.
Important: PayPal isn't accepting new users for this feature, and we require existing users to upgrade to our Advanced Debit and Credit solution that supports EMV 3DS (3DS 2.0) for PSD2. Our Advanced Debit and Credit solution enables highly customizable custom-card fields and reduced PCI Compliance requirements. For more information, see Set up advanced credit and debit card payments.
Why use Website Payments Pro
Website Payments Pro includes the Direct Payment APIs. These enable merchants to:
Personalize customers' experience
Get started accepting credit and debit cards
Offer PayPal customers a streamlined checkout experience
Accept phone, mail, fax payments
Get paid quickly
Stay informed with reporting
Securely manage transactions
|Set up recurring payments|
How to get started
To implement Website Payments Pro:
- Verify your account status. Go to your PayPal Profile under My settings and verify that your Account Type is Business, or upgrade your account.
- Complete the Website Payments Pro application. PayPal reviews your application (typically within 2 business days). You can begin integration with PayPal sandbox environment while you are being approved, but remember that you must be approved to go live.
- Choose an integration method:
- Many leading e-commerce solutions are pre-integrated with Website Payments Pro. For more information, see PayPal Partner Solutions.
- Use the Website Payments Pro APIs to implement Direct Payment and add Express Checkout. Create a custom application using the Website Payments Pro APIs. Your application must implement both an Express Checkout flow and a Direct Payment flow. For information on APIs, see API Reference or the integration guide listed under Documentation.
After you verify that your implementation works correctly in the sandbox, you can go live. For details, see PayPal Sandbox.
International availability and fees
Website Payments Pro is also available in Canada and the United Kingdom. There are minor regional differences, including transaction limits, the kinds of credit cards accepted, and address information.
There are fees for currency conversion and to receive payments from another country. For details, see Transaction Fees for Cross-border Payments.
Credit is a regulated activity in the UK. Before integrating a PayPal Credit button, you must be authorized to act as a credit broker and have a credit agreement with PayPal. For more information, contact business customer support through paypal.com or by calling 0800 358 7929.
You can choose to download the Merchant API SDK. See NVP/SOAP API SDKs for information about the SDKs.
For answers to PayPal frequently asked questions, go to our Help Center.
For more help, visit our Merchant Technical Services.
To get help with API questions, discuss issues and share ideas, see:
To learn about partnership opportunities to help launch and grow your online business, see the PayPal Partner Directory.