PayPal Payments Pro
DocsLegacyLast updated: March 10th 2022, @ 3:39:25 pm
PayPal Payments Pro allows you to accept payments with a completely customizable solution. This integration method leverages the PayPal Payflow Gateway to transmit payments to your PayPal Internet Merchant Account; it also gives the merchant the flexibility to change payment processors without having to reconstruct their technical integration. When using PayPal Payments Pro using Payflow Gateway integration, merchants can use the Transparent Redirect feature to help manage PCI compliance.
PayPal Payments Pro allows merchants to do the following
Personalize customers' experience
- Design and host their checkout pages themselves.
- Keep customers on their website for credit card transactions. (Customers who choose to pay with the PayPal payment method would still be redirected to paypal.com.)
- Authorize transactions in real-time.
Get started accepting credit and debit cards
- Use pre-integrated with many popular shopping carts.
- You can make direct secure API calls to the servers or optionally use the Payflow SDK.
- Accept all major debit and credit cards, including Visa, Mastercard®, American Express and Discover.
Offer PayPal customers a streamlined checkout experience
- Customize the look and feel of payment pages on the PayPal site to match their website.
- Eliminate the need for customers to enter personal details including shipping, billing, or payment information.
- Process customers' payments on PayPal's secure site.
- Automatically return customers to the merchant's website to complete the order.
Accept phone, mail, fax payments
- Includes Virtual Terminal, a web-based application that turns any computer into a credit card terminal. Merchants can log into their PayPal account and enter offline credit card orders. (PayPal Virtual Terminal is not available in U.S. territories.)
Stay informed with reporting
- Choose from various reports, including transaction status and settlement.
- Customize reporting with APIs that integrate into merchants' back-office applications.
- Use post-authorization APIs to send transaction data to your backend solution.
Securely manage transactions
- Add Basic Fraud Protection Service, includes address verification screening (AVS) and card security code (CSC).
- Add Advanced Fraud Protection Service to target specific threats, like high-risk ZIP codes or suspicious bank IDs. Available for an additional fee.
Set up recurring payments
- Securely add recurring payments, storing and encrypting customers' information.
- With your customers' permission, bill their card for recurring payments without asking for their payment information again.
- Add the Recurring Billing Service which automatically debits customers' debit or credit cards. Available for an additional fee.
Get help with PCI compliance
- Use the optional Transparent Redirect feature, which helps merchants be PCI compliant. With Transparent Redirect, the buyer enters credit card information on a web form that you host, but payment details are posted silently to the PayPal server when the buyer presses submit, so the credit card details never go through your server.
Currently, PayPal Payments Pro is available in the US, UK, and Canada.
- Get started — Payflow Payment Gateway Get Started Guide
- Create a test account
- Detailed integration guide and reference — Payflow Gateway Developer's Guide
- Reporting — Payflow Gateway Reporting Developer's Guide
- PayPal Express Checkout integration with Payflow — Express Checkout for Payflow
- Recurring Billing — Recurring Billing Service Guide for Payflow Pro
- Fraud Protection Service — Payflow Fraud Protection Services User's Guide