To send payouts to PayPal or Venmo recipients, follow the steps on this page to set up your PayPal business account. If you're a developer integrating payouts for a merchant, follow the steps on this page to set up the merchant account.
To send payouts, you'll need:
- A PayPal business account
- Access to PayPal Payouts
- A confirmed identity, email, and bank account linked to your PayPal business account
- Sufficient funds in your PayPal business account
Get a PayPal business account
If you don't have one, sign up for a PayPal business account. You'll be asked for information about you and your business to secure your account. The PayPal business account serves as the digital wallet for your business.
After you sign up for an account, complete the following steps to enable the account to send payouts.
Get access to PayPal Payouts
Request access to PayPal Payouts. You’ll be asked for information about your business needs to ensure the solution is a good fit for you. After you apply, PayPal will email you the decision. In the meantime, you can set up and test your integration in your sandbox accounts.
Complete your account setup
These links take you to your merchant profile page to complete each step.
- Confirm your identity. PayPal verifies your identity to secure your account and comply with rules and regulations in your country.
- Confirm your email. Enable email communication between PayPal and your business.
- Link to your bank account. Transfer money from your PayPal account to your bank.
Add funds to your PayPal balance
Payouts are funded using your PayPal balance, so be sure to add enough to cover your payout total, including fees. You can send payments in another currency even if you don't maintain a balance in that currency. To make payments in other currencies, you can transfer your balance to another currency.