Documentation release notes
DocsCurrentLast updated: April 6th 2022, @ 4:06:12 pm
When we add, remove, or update product documentation, we write a note on this page.
- Updated the Android integration guide from version 0.5.0 to 0.6.0 and created a new topic about upgrading integrations from version 0.5.0 and earlier.
- Created a guide for WPS merchants who have migrated to Advanced credit and debit to initiate future transactions.
Updated the Multi-seller Payments guide to indicate that
Venmo Pay is now available for US-based PayPal merchants.
- Released the Native Checkout SDK docs, consistent with version 0.1.0 for Android and 0.42.0 for iOS.
Created a doc describing how to add
stored_payment_sourceto an order for Strong Customer Authentication.
Added a guide for setting up payments on a single page application.
- Released a Standard Card Fields guide.
Added Austria to the list of supported countries for advanced credit and debit card payments.
On Advanced credit and debit currency availability, added American Express as a supported currency for the following newly-added countries: UK, France, Italy, Spain, Finland, and the Netherlands.
Updated the 3DS topic to include the newly-added 3DS parameters: LiabilityShift, EnrollmentStatus, and AuthenticationResult. Added an animation that shows how 3DS works.
- Added information about card decline errors for credit and debit cards.
- Added Venmo as a disallowed value in the checkout.js guide.
- Added Przelewy24 as an available alternative payment method.
- Updated the Handling Recurring Payments (Express Checkout) and
SetExpressCheckout(NVP/SOAP) to reflect that users must now create recurring payments individually rather than up to 10 at a time.
- Added curl sample code to the PayPal Checkout server samples.
- Added a note about contacting Sales to Set Up Your Development Environment for the Checkout integration guide. This is part of a 90-day trial to support the Sales team.
- Added the PayPal Shopping Cart demo link to the Checkout guide in the Server and Best Practices sections.
LiveEnvironmentin the Setup SDK Guide.
- Added black, white, and Buy Now buttons to Customize the PayPal Buttons.
- Updated re-authorization content in the Authorize and Capture section of the Checkout integration guide.
- Removed the AppID for the Adaptive APIs section from API Credentials because you can no longer go live with the Adaptive Payments API.
- Provided guidance to merchants in Shopping Cart HTML Variables to pass 25 or fewer items in a single call.
- Corrected the sample code to use the umbrella values instead of ounces for Buy Now button with product options with prices.
- Corrected the description of valid values for the
t1subscribe variable for PayPal Payments Standard.
- Updated Website Payments Pro (DoDirectPayment) 3-D Secure topic to reflect new CardinalCommerce platform, Cardinal Cruise. Added content to inform merchants of the September 14, 2019 deadline to implement Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) in Europe.
- Removed outdated content about the PayPal Payments Standard Modify Subscription button. Added information to the
modifyparameter in the Deprecated Variables list to help users update code that's using the deprecated values for
- Changed supported locale code for India from
en_IN. We let a little air out of the hyphen to make it an underscore.
div id="paypal-button-container"to a code sample on Express Checkout with Payflow Gateway. The PayPal button now renders as expected when developers paste the code.
- Deprecated the
usr_managemodify values in the PayPal Payments Standard - Payment buttons guide.
- Updated the
reason_codesfor Dispute Resolution IPN variables to reflect current reality.
billingas deprecated. Noted that
disputecase types have the same reason codes.
- Replaced the disputes methods table with an available actions table and added two sequence diagrams and instructions for creating buyer-side credentials to the Disputes Integration Guide.
- Replaced the disputes management flow with a new image.
- Renamed Customer Disputes API to Disputes API.
- Updated the visibility of extensions in the Show Disputes details call for the Disputes API.
Added evidence types:
* `PROOF_OF_REFUND_OUTSIDE_PAYPAL` * `RECEIPT_OF_MERCHANDISE` * `CUSTOMS_DOCUMENT` * `CUSTOMS_FEE_RECEIPT` * `INFORMATION_ON_RESOLUTION` * `ADDITIONAL_INFORMATION_OF_ITEM` * `DETAILS_OF_PURCHASE` * `PROOF_OF_SIGNIFICANT_DIFFERENCE` * `PROOF_OF_SOFTWARE_OR_SERVICE_NOT_AS_DESCRIBED` * `PROOF_OF_CONFISCATION` * `PROOF_OF_DAMAGE` * `COPY_OF_LAW_ENFORCEMENT_AGENCY_REPORT` * `ADDITIONAL_PROOF_OF_SHIPMENT` * `PROOF_OF_DENIAL_BY_CARRIER` * `THIRDPARTY_PROOF_FOR_DAMAGE_OR_SIGNIFICANT_DIFFERENCE` * `VALID_SUPPORTING_DOCUMENT` * `LEGIBLE_SUPPORTING_DOCUMENT` * `RETURN_TRACKING_INFORMATION` * `DELIVERY_RECEIPT` * `PROOF_OF_INSTORE_RECEIPT` * `ADDITIONAL_TRACKING_INFORMATION` * `PROOF_OF_SHIPMENT_POSTAGE` * `ONLINE_TRACKING_INFORMATION` * `PROOF_OF_INSTORE_REFUND` * `PROOF_FOR_SOFTWARE_OR_SERVICE_DELIVERED` * `RETURN_ADDRESS_FOR_SHIPPING` * `COPY_OF_THE_EPARCEL_MANIFEST` * `COPY_OF_SHIPPING_MANIFEST` * `APPEAL_AFFIDAVIT` * `RECEIPT_OF_REPLACEMENT` * `COPY_OF_DRIVERS_LICENSE` * `ACCOUNT_CHANGE_INFORMATION` * `DELIVERY_ADDRESS` * `CONFIRMATION_OF_RESOLUTION` * `MERCHANT_RESPONSE` * `PERMISSION_DESCRIPTION` * `STATUS_OF_MERCHANDISE` * `LOST_CARD_DETAILS` * `LAST_VALID_TRANSACTION_DETAILS`
- Added documentation for the PayPal Donate SDK.
- Updated all currency notes surrounding
BRL. PayPal's usage policy with the Brazilian Real has changed to include cross-border payment conversion and a notice for the conversion rate fee.
- Created Payment Services Directive 2 (PSD2) Compliance format.
- Replaced the create draft invoice request and response samples with working samples.
Log in with PayPal
- Changed URLs from
/connectin Log in with PayPal.
- Fixed navigation issues and code samples in Log in with PayPal.
nonceto the parameter list for the Log in with PayPal button builder.
- Login with PayPal is now Log in with PayPal. Added a new integration guide for Log in with PayPal.
- The Log in with PayPal button builder now includes
- Re-branded Log in with PayPal to Log in with PayPal. Documented the two versions of the button builder. Moved the initial version, Log in with PayPal button builder, to a new URL. The older Log In with PayPal button is supported until March 01, 2019.
Marketplaces and Platforms
- Added Handle funding failures page to PayPal Commerce Platform for Marketplaces and Platforms.
DoUATPAuthorizationfrom the 10486 error code listing because these methods don't apply to that code.
Updated Create and Manage NVP/SOAP API Credentials to reflect the new user interface for paypal.com merchant accounts.
Deprecated the NVP and SOAP
- Nestled the missing
81253error code in the NVP/SOAP error messages page.
- Added information to the Payflow Developer Guide to clarify merchants can complete 3-D Secure authentication using the Buyer Authentication service or by using a 3rd-party plug-in.
logo_urlfields to Large Batch Payouts and Payouts Web docs.
- Updated Large Batch Payouts documentation to reflect that Large Batch Payouts are now compatible with Venmo.
- Added a list of currencies that PayPal can automatically exchange payments to and from, as long as the payer has a PayPal balance in a currency on the list.
- Added a page for the new Payouts SDK.
Updated payouts documentation with content for Payouts to Venmo.
- Added a new page for Payouts Approvals.
- As currency conversion expanded to more countries, added code samples to the currency conversion features page, and added a list of country exclusions.
- Renamed "Payouts Web interface" to "Payouts Web."
- Updated Payouts API Reference to include the new currency conversion information and param.
- Added a blurb to currency conversion about where the feature is available.
- Removed the internal
USER_NAMEenumerated value from the
recipient_typestring and the mention of the internal
recipient_walletstring from the Payouts API Reference.
Updated DE Pay Later to include the new Pay in 30 offering.
buyerCountryparameter from the Reference for
Created a new commerce platform guide for Volusion that covers enabling Pay Later messaging.
Updated CubeCart (UK) and created new commerce platform guides that cover enabling Pay Later messaging on CubeCart for:
Created a new commerce platform guide for Bluepark UK that covers enabling PayPal payments and Pay Later messaging.
- Added new site features for Pay Later docs, including a country dropdown selection, breadcrumbs, page subtitles, and a new style for tables.
- Added documentation for Pay Later.
PayPal Commerce Platform
- Added support for the Mercado Pago alternative payment method.
- Updated note to clarify which features are supported in:
- Progressive Onboarding v2
- Progressive Onboarding v1
- Updated the v1 Partner Referrals API reference with the latest API specs.
- Created new Downloadable Shopping Cart Onboarding for first-party onboarding.
- Added Partner Referrals V2 API and revised before payment seller onboarding topic to reflect version 2 of the API.
- Revised Partner Onboarding page to align with the content and positioning presented in the Partner lead form.
Updated the get onboarding status sample response to show the
POSTcall to seller onboarding items.
Clarified descriptions of a few request fields and added a redirect section to platforms onboarding seller information.
Updated the issue a refund code samples and parameters.
Added that partners' new business account for onboarding needs a zero balance to the following pages:
- Partner Onboarding
- v1 Partner Onboarding
Added the Webhooks entry to the nav bar:
- Configure Webhooks
- v1 Configure Webhooks
- Updated the sample response for GET seller's onboarding status to reflect the information sent in the create call earlier in the text.
- Redirected partners' doc links and added context and how-to image for before payment onboarding doc.
- Removed the obsolete
PayPal-Client-Metadata-Idheader from the PayPal Commerce Platform Orders API Integration Guide.
- Corrected the path for the show order status call in the PayPal Commerce Platform Orders API Integration Guide.
- Removed mention of casual sellers from seller onboarding docs.
- Added the PayPal Commerce Platform Update an Order page.
- Added link to the PayPal Commerce Platform country support to the Reference section of these pages:
- v1 Reference
- Clarified where to enter a seller's email on the after payment seller onboarding page.
- Added links to the Referenced Payouts API Reference on the PayPal Commerce Platform Reference.
- Removed Australia from the PayPal Here Merchant Onboarding Guide. PayPal Here is no longer supported in Australia. If you're looking for a card payment solution, visit our accept payments center. If you're an existing PayPal Here customer and have any questions, see our PayPal Here deprecation Q&A.
- Changed some wording about a merchant's POS Software. Also added detailed instruction for what to do in the completion of
isSetupCompleteinstead of just using the word "Done".
- Added new information about the iOS and Android PayPal Here Web SDK including code samples for Objective C, Swift, and Android.
580031transaction related errors to Offline Payment.
PayPal Payments Pro
- Added the version value to SCA payment indicators for Website Payments Pro.
- Updated Website Payments Pro Recurring Payments and Reference Transactions to include information about preparing for 3-D Secure authentication.
- Updated the Case Report to include the new dispute case ID format.
- Added the User Audit Report.
- Increased the file limits of some reports to 1 million transactions per file in PayPal Reports.
- Removed the
/applicationsendpoint from the Identity API.
- Updated the IPN and PDT variables topic to include the new formats for case IDs.
- Changed the name of the
PayPal SyncAPI to
Transaction Searchin the integration guide and API reference.
- Added information about the new Balances endpoint in the Transaction Search API.
- Updated the v1 Payments API reference with the latest API specs.
The REST SDK reference docs now include references to both the v1 and v2 SDK repositories.
Updated testing sample for Simulate Negative Responses with Request Headers.
Updated the v2 Invoicing API reference with the latest JSON.
- Updated description for
initial_fail_amount_actionin the Billing Agreements v1 API to clarify information around the max attempt counter.
- Added important notes to highlight sandbox only methods on the Disputes API.
- Updated description for
CURRENCY_MISMATCHerror on Payments API v1.
- Updated basic description of a plan in the Billing Plans API to add clarity to the required number of payment definitions.
- Added the Add Tracking Integration Guide and Add Tracking API Reference.
- Added information to the Partner Referrals API Reference to explain how to get a
- Updated information about negative testing for Payments and Orders API.
- Revised the v2 Payments API error messages to include
- Changed supported locale codes for India from
- Updated show authorization details in the Payments API Reference v1 to include the
deniedvalue for the
- Added new Catalog Products API Reference.
- Clarified that if you omit a
reference_idfor an order with one purchase unit for update order, PayPal defaults to a
default, which enables you to use a path:
- Added the Orders API Reference.
- Added a deprecation note to the Payments API Reference. Added the Payments API Reference.
- Added a link in the
billing_experience_preferenceobject to the create web experience profile method to provide more information about the web experience profile.
- Revised the Disputes API
dispute_life_cycle_stageobject and send message method.
- Added a link to [negative testing values] to the REST API test value section.
- Updated the appeal dispute and update dispute status methods in the Disputes API Reference (v1). The appeal dispute method now shows the
evidencerequest object and the update dispute status method now shows the
- Updated the unsecured JSON web token example for the
PayPal-Auth-Assertion-Idrequest header in Get Started.
- Removed the internal
country_codefield from the
payer_infoobject in Payments API Reference v1.
- Updated the code sample for the show user profile information method in the Identity API Reference. Also, removed certain response fields from the show user profile information method.
- Introduced in-product help in the subscriptions dashboard to help you get answers to frequently asked questions. You can also read subscription FAQs on the PayPal Help Center.
- Introduced two new pricing models for configuring subscriptions: Tiered-based and volume-based pricing.
Introduced the customize subscriptions capability. PayPal now helps you customize pricing and billing details for new and existing subscriptions.
Added the ability to update the start date of a subscription that hasn't started yet.
- Added documentation for how to start a subscription at a future date to the business and marketplaces sections of the site.
- Introduced the capability to configure two trial periods for a subscription. Use a trial period to let subscribers try your product at a free or discounted price before regular billing cycles start.
- Added custom attributes for subscriptions. These attributes support tagging subscriptions with business data to reconcile.
- Introduced a new subscriptions integration guide as part of the PayPal Commerce Platform.
Introduced an insights dashboard for subscriptions. You can see your business at a high level and drill down to see product and subscription plan level performance.
Subscriptions support for marketplaces and platforms using the PayPal smart payment button is now available. Marketplaces and platforms can now integrate smart payment buttons.
Introduced the capability to update the one-time setup fee for your subscription plans.
Introduced webhooks for subscription payment failure events. You can now listen to webhooks for subscription payment failure.
- Updated the Subscriptions integration doc to include the new Subscriptions Dashboard tool, as well as support for subscribing as a guest.
- Updated the Subscriptions Integration Guide to include information about new infinite plans and to add some limitations to trial periods. Also updated the Subscriptions API Reference to include this information and update samples.
- Added new Negative Testing for Subscriptions documentation.
- The next generation Subscriptions integration guide and APIs are live.
Third Party Solutions
- Published marketplaces, a new category of third party solutions.
- Added a 3rd Party Solutions directory for integrating PayPal with standard eCommerce platform solutions.
- Updated the Webhook Event Names table to include
CHECKOUT.CHECKOUT.BUYER-APPROVED. This webhook lets users know when an Express Checkout payment is created and approved by the buyer.
- Changed the title "Simulate Mock Webhook Events" to "How to use the Webhooks Simulator." Updated the Simulate Mock Webhook Events by removing the redundant conceptual information that's in the Configure a webhook listener.
- Added the
BILLING_AGREEMENTS.AGREEMENT.CANCELLEDevent names to Webhook Event Names.