Enable fraud protection from your PayPal business account.
Increasing and evolving fraud has become a serious problem for digital businesses, who are liable for chargebacks resulting from card-not-present transactions, along with high-penalty and transaction fees imposed by card issuers.
Fraud protection is a robust risk management toolkit for PayPal merchants who have integrated advanced card processing.
Fraud protection automatically accepts good transactions and rejects fraudulent ones, helping to reduce chargebacks and false positives.
Behind the scenes, the adaptive machine learning engine constantly monitors card transactions on your website or mobile app to learn new fraud patterns and improve the machine learning models' performance.
Fraud protection provides insight and control through:
- Out-of-the-box filters tuned for your business
- Simulation of filter impact prior to activation
- Real-time actionable filter recommendations
- Dashboard and visualization
Know before you begin
- Fraud protection is available for advanced card processing integrations.
- Enabling fraud protection requires no additional onboarding or integration.
Enable fraud protection tool
- Log into your PayPal business account.
- In the App Center, find Fraud Protection, which is listed under Manage Risk.
- On the Fraud Protection page, select Get Started.
- Select Enable Fraud Protection to launch the Fraud Protection tool. See the help topics in the dashboard for more information about the tool.
Ensure optimal performance
Send following fields in the transaction payload:
- Device data (RDA)
- Buyer's phone number
- Buyer's email