Pay Later offers (US)
Add Pay Later buttons and messaging to your checkout
DocsCurrentLast updated: May 27th 2021, @ 12:27:50 pm
PayPal offers short-term, interest-free payments and other special financing options that buyers can use to buy now and pay later, while merchants get paid up-front. Pay Later offers are included with PayPal Checkout at no additional cost to you.
Pay Later offers include the following:
- Pay in 4, which eligible US buyers can use to pay for purchases of $30 to $1,500 in four, interest-free payments.
- PayPal Credit, a revolving line of credit that buyers can use to pay over time, with two promotional offers of six months special financing and merchant-specific Easy Payments offers.
How it works
When eligible, your existing PayPal buttons change to show a new Pay Later button. When customers select Pay Later, they can pay with flexible, buy now, pay later offers.
Note: The Pay Later button is available only to merchants in the US and a limited number of international countries. We are working on expanding the Pay Later button availability to merchants in additional countries that cater to US buyers.
Pay Later messaging helps you get the most out of PayPal’s buy now, pay later offers. You can use this onsite messaging to dynamically promote Pay Later offers, which can help grow your sales, attract new customers, and drive customer loyalty.
Pay Later messaging example
The Customer Experience
Your customers can see Pay Later messaging throughout the checkout experience, from the home page, to product pages, to checkout.
- Customer visits your website and sees flexible banner messages with general Pay Later information.
- Customer selects Learn more and reads about Pay Later and PayPal Credit offers.
- Customer selects a product and sees text-based messages with specific offers based on the price of the item.
- Customer proceeds to checkout and sees Pay Later options to complete the transaction.
US-based consumers are eligible for Pay Later offers across most of our integrations. As a merchant, you're eligible to promote Pay Later offers if you are a US-based PayPal merchant with a US-facing website and a one-time payment integration.
|Pay Later product||Countries||Currencies||Notes|
|PayPal Credit||US, UK||USD, GBP||PayPal Credit is subject to consumer credit approval.|
|Pay in 4||US, FR||USD, EUR||For Pay in 4, consumer late fees might apply for missed payments and varies by the consumer’s state of residency.|
|Pay in 4X||FR||EUR|
|Pay in 3||UK||GBP|
Note: While messaging can be displayed on your website to help promote pay later offers to your customers, no additional content, wording, marketing, or other material should be created by you to encourage use of this product. PayPal reserves the right to take action in accordance with the User Agreement.
How do you want to integrate?
Choose how you want to add Pay Later messaging to your site.
Code it yourself
Choose from basic HTML attributes or more advanced JS options
Use if your site is on an online shopping cart or commerce platform
Upgrade your build
Use if you're adding Pay Later to an existing integration
|Get started||Get started||Get started|