Pay Later offers (US)
Add Pay Later buttons and messaging to your checkout
DocsCurrentLast updated: September 15th 2021, @ 11:36:34 am
PayPal offers short-term, interest-free payments and other special financing options that buyers can use to buy now and pay later, while merchants get paid up-front. Pay Later offers are included with PayPal Checkout at no additional cost to you.
Pay Later offers include the following:
- Pay in 4, which eligible US buyers can use to pay for purchases of $30 to $1,500 in four, interest-free payments.
- PayPal Credit, a revolving line of credit that buyers can use to pay over time, with two promotional offers of six months special financing and merchant-specific Easy Payments offers.
How it works
Pay Later messaging helps you get the most out of PayPal’s buy now, pay later offers. You can use this onsite messaging to dynamically promote Pay Later offers, which can help grow your sales, attract new customers, and drive customer loyalty.
Pay Later messaging example
When eligible, your existing PayPal buttons change to show a new Pay Later button. When customers select Pay Later, they can pay with flexible, buy now, pay later offers.
Note: The Pay Later button is available only to merchants in the US and a limited number of international countries. We are working on expanding the Pay Later button availability to merchants in additional countries that cater to US buyers.
The Customer Experience
Your customers can see Pay Later messaging throughout the checkout experience, from the home page, to product pages, to checkout.
- Customer visits your website and sees flexible banner messages with general Pay Later information.
- Customer selects Learn more and reads about Pay Later and PayPal Credit offers.
- Customer selects a product and sees text-based messages with specific offers based on the price of the item.
- Customer proceeds to checkout and sees Pay Later options to complete the transaction.
You are eligible to promote PayPal Pay Later offers if you meet all of the following:
- You are a US-based PayPal merchant.
- You have a one-time payment integration.
- You have a US-facing website.
- You transact in US dollar (USD).
Reference Transaction or Recurring Payment integrations are not eligible. Additionally, Pay Later offers must abide by the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy, which govern the usage of PayPal, and prohibit certain types of transactions.
Note: While messaging can be displayed on your website to help promote pay later offers to your customers, no additional content, wording, marketing, or other material should be created by you to encourage use of this product. PayPal reserves the right to take action in accordance with the User Agreement
Note: PayPal Credit is subject to consumer credit approval.
Loans to California residents are made or arranged pursuant to a California Finance Lenders Law License. PayPal, Inc. is a Georgia Installment Lender Licensee, NMLS #910457.
How do you want to integrate?
Choose how you want to add Pay Later messaging to your site.
Code it yourself
Choose from basic HTML attributes or more advanced JS options
Use if your site is on an online shopping cart or commerce platform
Upgrade your build
Use if you're adding Pay Later to an existing integration
|Get started||Get started||Get started|