Customize the Pay Later messaging layout on CubeCart
DocsCurrentLast updated: June 16th 2021, @ 10:53:28 am
Promote PayPal Pay Later offers using messaging on your CubeCart store.
PayPal offers short-term, interest-free payments and other special financing options that buyers can use to buy now and pay later. You get paid up-front, and there are no additional costs.
Pay Later messaging includes Pay in 3, which UK buyers can use to pay for purchases of £45.00 to £2,000 in three, interest-free payments.
Know before you begin
- Before you begin, learn more about Pay Later offers.
- Pay Later offers are automatically enabled with CubeCart. Messaging has been added for all merchants on v1.4 of the PayPal Commerce integration.
- UK-based consumers are eligible for Pay Later offers across most of our integrations. As a merchant, you're eligible to promote Pay in 3 if you are a UK-based PayPal merchant with a UK-legal business entity, a UK-facing website, and a one-time payment integration. At this time, promoting Pay Later offers is not available on PayPal vaulted payments or billing agreement integrations.
- Please note that while messaging can be displayed on your website to help promote Pay Later offers to your customers, no additional content, wording, marketing, or other material should be created by you to encourage use of this product. PayPal reserves the right to take action in accordance with the User Agreement.
Enable PayPal Commerce Platform
Note: PayPal Commerce requires CubeCart v6. Please ensure the PayPal plugin is at least 1.4 for Pay Later offers and messaging.
- Find your PayPal Commerce plugin version on the CubeCart extensions page.
- Select the lightning bolt symbol next to your version and copy the Auto Install/Upgrade Token.
- Log in to your CubeCart v6 store admin panel.
- Go to Manage Extensions to enter your token.
Test PayPal Commerce Platform in sandbox module
- If in Live Mode, select Disconnect your PayPal account.
- Open the
private $_sandbox = false;to
private $_sandbox = true;
- Open the
- Connect your PayPal sandbox account.
- Go back to live by repeating the first 3 steps and reverting to
true. Reconnect your live account.
See CubeCart support pages to learn more about PayPal on CubeCart.