Enable Pay Later messaging on Salesforce Commerce Cloud
Promote PayPal Pay Later offers using messaging on your Salesforce Commerce Cloud store.
PayPal offers short-term, interest-free payments and other special financing options that buyers can use to buy now and pay later. You get paid up-front, and there are no additional costs.
Pay Later messaging includes Pay in 3, which UK buyers can use to pay for purchases of £45.00 to £2,000 in three, interest-free payments.
Know before you begin
- Before you begin, learn more about Pay Later offers.
- Before you enable Pay Later messaging, integrate the Salesforce Commerce Cloud PayPal plugin.
- UK-based consumers are eligible for Pay Later offers across most of our integrations. As a merchant, you're eligible to promote Pay in 3 if you are a UK-based PayPal merchant with a UK-legal business entity, a UK-facing website, and a one-time payment integration. At this time, promoting Pay Later offers is not available on PayPal vaulted payments or billing agreement integrations.
- Please note that while messaging can be displayed on your website to help promote Pay Later offers to your customers, no additional content, wording, marketing, or other material should be created by you to encourage use of this product. PayPal reserves the right to take action in accordance with the User Agreement.
Note: If you enabled billing agreements in Salesforce Commerce Cloud, the webpage won't display the messaging banners.
Enable the messaging
To enable Pay Later messaging, complete the following:
- Log in to your Salesforce admin portal.
- From Business Manager, select Merchant Tools > Site Preferences > Custom Preferences.
A new custom group displays.
- Select View for PayPal Credit Messaging.
This displays the group preferences, which you can use to toggle the layout of Pay Later messaging (which includes Pay in 3 messaging) for PDP, the category, and the cart page.
- Set the value to Yes.
Note: Ensure that the PayPal plugin is at least version 20.1.2 and the Salesforce Commerce Cloud SFRA version is at least 4.4.1.
You have enabled Pay Later messaging on Salesforce Commerce Cloud.
Log in to Salesforce and go to your payment settings to add messaging for Pay Later offers.